No announcement yet.

NC325iC 24v build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave a question regarding routing the obd2 fuel injector harness through the m50 manifold and that question is, how do you do it? Anyone have some pics of that area?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Next question, I got the subframe reinforcement plates from akg. Figured id go ahead and beef up those tabs. My friend tells me that I will only be able to use the top side plate and not the lower gusset because the motor mount comes through the slotted hole for 24v swap and the gusset blocks that hole so i would not be able to tighten the nut on the mount.

How are people getting around this?
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

You have to heavily modify the bottom plate if you want to use it with stock 535i rubber mounts. It is way easier to clearance it before you install it, so check that a socket fits before you weld it in.

Originally posted by whysimon
        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Alright, next question.

How are people securing the dipstick tube?

Comment

Anyone with a dipstick solution?

Comment

How do people secure the dipstick tube?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
                How do people secure the dipstick tube?

It mounts to the front intake support bracket.
                IMG_0145 by Jonathan Martin, on Flickr

Comment

A picture would be much appreciated. Mine seem to be too far apart to come together.

Comment

Hey man, I wouldn't mind seeing your build sometime.
                    I just started an m52 swap on my e30... would be nice to see what progress you've made and what kind of roadblocks you've hit

Comment

Sure thing. I just put the engine and trans into the car yesterday.

Comment

I made a small bracket out of mild steel I had laying around to bolt the dipstick tube to the IM since I am not using the support brackets
                        '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                        Shadetree30

Comment

Photo update.

I figured out last night that people cut the 318 wiring covers to fit over the intake manifold.

I am nervous about the exhaust though. I can't see how it will work here. Anyone have pics using the s52 headers?

Comment

Get the bracket from the 5-series that the pan came off of.

edit: I tried to take a pic of mine for you but there's too much stuff going on under there.
                            Last edited by M3PO; 09-23-2015, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
                              Photo update.

I figured out last night that people cut the 318 wiring covers to fit over the intake manifold.

I am nervous about the exhaust though. I can't see how it will work here. Anyone have pics using the s52 headers?

What exhaust components are you planning to use?

OBD2 headers will fit with no problem.

Edit: from your first post it looks like you're planning on using obd2 headers + custom everything else? You'll be fine. Most annoying part is finding flanges to bolt up to the headers - I robbed them from a junkyard and built my own exhaust
                              '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                              Shadetree30

Comment

Well I was hoping to get the downpipes from an e36 and graft then on to a custom center section

Comment

Working...
                                X