Topgaiters cheap leather shift boot from ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But of course ;)
    I meant the actual shifter itself, the aluminum stick under the boot, not the shift knob :-P

Maybe try pulling the boot as high as possible and multiple zipties..?

Comment

Haha, I'm stoned give me a break :D I have no idea. It's a ZF transmission, not sure what the shifter is out of. The PO rigged some metal contraption that drilled through the "aluminum stick" (lol) and kept the old boot up, but the knob doesnt work with it so I had to take it out. Maybe I'll just drill lower

Comment

Originally posted by Rsully70sev View Post
        The PO rigged some metal contraption that drilled through the "aluminum stick" (lol) and kept the old boot up, but the knob doesnt work with it so I had to take it out. Maybe I'll just drill lower
        Sounds familiar. I had shift knob with set screws but the aluminum is too soft so the set screws would just tear through until they wouldn't hold. Seeing as how the lever was already fucked, just drilled all the way through to secure the shift knob. Swapped with a 1.9 lever but I was attached to the shitty knob by then.
        West German BMWs, they just don't make the same as they did before the wall fell.
        ^Case in point: Auto-Repair Technology. Everytime my car isn't starting or acting up I let it sit, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for days. But it eventually fixes itself.

Comment

mine looks similar to sully's shifter. stock w/ a zhp knob, gonna get a 1.9 soon though

92 White Mtech Vert

Comment

I was pretty impressed with Topgaiters quality especially for the price. Put the shift boot and parking brake boot combo on my sisters Miata. Still looks new 2 years later

Comment

Topgaiters seems like a hit or miss honestly

I ordered a shift boot for my last e30, and the fit was AMAZING! Downright 100% perfect like in the first post

The next e30 I got; after doing a 5-speed swap, and putting in the boot; I was extremely disappointed. The boot did not fit snug with the frame at all (as pictured in OP), but was saggy droopy, and very loose; the stitching was of poor quality and ripped on me at the top of the boot upon installation. The completed product looks poofy, misshapen, and terrible. By the time I finished my 5-speed swap though, I could not return it, and I doubt there is anything that can be done at this point (seeing as I put the order in 3+ months ago).

I ordered an MTC one on Pelican Part for the meantime for $10; I will be giving Topgaiters another go in the future, but explicitly listing exactly what I expect so that I will not be dissappointed next time. I know they are custom made, so no two boots will ever fit the same, but the one that I received fit so poorly, I was shocked following my previous purchase with them
              Last edited by JinormusJ; 08-06-2013, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X