Got a predicament...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a predicament...

When I swapped my car ('86 325eS with '92 NVM50 using E34 harness) it ran like shit with the MAF plugged in. So I found that I could just run it on the default map with the MAF unplugged and it runs awesome like that but I have FI plans so I need to figure out why my car does what it does.

I got a Peake tool only to find I fukt up somewhere with wiring my diagnostic plug so the Peake tool wouldn't power on.

What are some ways of diagnosing what exactly is wrong without using a scanning tool?
    Last edited by burlmays9; 08-19-2014, 05:36 PM.

Did you wire C101 pin 6 to X20 pin 22? That might be why your peake tool won't work.
    -Peter
    '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
    '91 318is slicktop project
    '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
    '00 Tundra

Comment

Originally posted by Habla View Post
      Did you wire C101 pin 6 to X20 pin 22? That might be why your peake tool won't work.
      I didn't. I feel like I didn't have one or the other in my harness plugs to begin with though

Comment

Bump? Anyone with pinout charts for this car or my same motor, car, harness arrangement want to give me a suggestion?

Comment

That dme should be able to be stomp tested.

Comment

Is your MAF installed in the correct direction?

Comment

Originally posted by pancakechef View Post
              Is your MAF installed in the correct direction?

Comment

It is a fair question... Seen it before lol
                Want shirts, stickers, or any other custom screen-printed or digitally printed apparel and posters?

Check out my website! --- www.weareforte.com

Forte Creative
                Griffin Hardcastle
                griff@weareforte.com

Comment

I have the exact same issue right now. I removed the MAF from my brothers m50 very reliable car. I installed it into my s52 obd1 swapped car and it runs perfectly. The moment I put my one back on my car it runs poorly again. Stomp test shows a 1215 code as well. My guess is that you need another MAF sensor (preferably one that you know is good).

Also, if the maf is backwards, the car will hesitate like crazy! lol
                  PNP Adapter Harness Wiring for M52TU, M54, S54, M60, M62, M62TU, S62, M50, S50, M52, S52 & MORE

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X