No announcement yet.

Transmission Mounts for AKG shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have run the AKG shifter for 3-4 years with AKG E21 cupped rubber mounts and solid alloy engine mounts. Works perfectly, no movement of shifter and no gearbox whine.
    You did the right thing :)
    88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
      you named the problem; G260.

ZF boxes dont have this problem (even if the detents need service work)

We race with AKG billet engine mounts and OEM E46M3 transmission mounts (no enforcer cups).

There are no gear change issues (besides the fuck ups by the driver).

If running AKG shifter and complaing about NVH.....perhaps re-think the shifter choice.

AKG shifter is great for sprint racing SpecE30 use and if the body is caged up the wazoo; like STUPID caged with boxes at all the attachement points inside. It really should be paired with the heavy duty hard AKG mounts or Billet mounts.

for those driving the car to the track dont run an AKG shifter; run stock.
      (I'd assume only one who is streeting the e30 will care about NVH)
      Are those E46 M3 tranny mounts a direct bolt on for the E30? Is there any added NVH?

I will be using my E30 for daily driving as well as track fun, so I need something that won't piss me off going to work but will also hold up at the track decently.

Comment

They are factory rubber. About as nice as can get for non aftermarket

Nvh who knows; my cars are all full race so hard to compare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Working...
        X