Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has cruise control with OBDII swaps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome, thanks for the writeup. Now i just need to get all of the cruise control parts because my car didnt come with it... thats another headache for another thread though.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

I swapped the M50 manifold and TB onto mine and used the OBD1 part number from your first post, but was always annoyed at how long it was - I have it running up under the manifold and doing a big loop, and even then it pushes the cruise module around.

I thought about shortening it, but since it operates fine, I'm definitely going to try to loop it up and around the shock tower like you did. Hopefully that takes up enough of the slack and gets it out from the mess of stuff under the manifold.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Just wanted to update this - I've taken the car on two drives now and the cruise is working great!

Yeah things are pretty.... 'busy' around the master cylinder/throttle body area on my car - trying to keep as much out of the way as i can.
        -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
        '95 525iT
        '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
        '98 Disco 1

Comment

Cool that you figured it out.. But why not just OBD1 swap your engine anyway? dont the obd1 manifolds flow much better?

Comment

OBD1 manifold =! OBD1 engine managment.

Check Us out on Facebook
            Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
            Full Product Line Tuning
            OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

^^ what he said. Not to turn this into that debate... but yes, I am running an M50 intake w/ the later throttle body & OBDII. Best of both worlds - better flow AND I can actually see what my engine is doing
              -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
              '95 525iT
              '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
              '98 Disco 1

Comment

Cool. Im currently fighting with a phantom engine fault in my OBD1 swap. Damn OBD1 diagnostics suck!

Comment

ive got my cruise installed, but it doesn't work :(

can anyone give me some test information on the actuator?
                  I have done the simple tests at the module so the wiring to the module is good and the switch on the steering column works. I would like to test the actuator if someone can tell me how.

I will also track down another module to try.

is there a way to trick the module into thinking the car is running/driving while it is actually engine off sitting still?
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Got it working. One of the pins inside the actuator got displaced

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X