Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What motor mount for S52 swap?

Hello all!

I have searched the threads and have not been able to find an adequate answer to my question. I recently purchased a wrecked E30 with a S52 swap. While swapping the drivetrain over to the new E30, I noticed the passenger motor mount was cracked. It appears to be a standard OEM aluminum mount but I am unsure which model BMW it comes from. Also, does anyone have any aftermarket recommendations?

standard OEM aluminum mount
    You are talking about motor mounting arms then. just buy another one for 1995 325i then.

Comment

Thanks for the info! So that mounting arm should bolt right up to the E30 as well?

Comment

The motor arm will bolt right up. I'm assuming you'll be using the same motor mounts that is coming from the wrecked car.
        1989 325i S50 swapped
        2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

I was also asking wether I should re-use the mounts that came with the car which also appear to be standard OEM mounts, or should I upgrade? If I should upgrade, what is recommended?

Comment

Okay....so the guy at Bavarian Auto Recyclers says that the E36 engine bracket isn't the correct one to use for the E30 to S52 swap, although he couldn't remember which mount was supposed to be used. He did say that the E28 motor mounts were the correct mounts to use. Help!

Comment

You want the e36 (325i/is or M3) motor arms and e28 M5 or 535i motor mounts (they are green). Condor Speed Shop makes solid mounts for this swap if you want to upgrade.
              1989 325i S50 swapped
              2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Aside from running Condor sold mounts, you can run the AKG mounts which I have heard great reviews about. Avoid R3vshit mounts, it will just give you headaches until they revise them.

Comment

You want E36 aluminum arms and E28 M5 BMW motor mounts, or upgrade to Condor or AKG poly swap-specific mounts. Avoid Revshit products at all cost!
                  The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Originally posted by berlow94 View Post
                    Avoid Revshit products at all cost!
                    Kind of a bit extreme, but their engine mounts and guibos I would avoid. The rest of their products are as good as it gets.
                    Originally posted by priapism
                    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                    Originally posted by shameson
                    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                    X