Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any ETA on these yet?

Comment

Any updates on this? My motor is coming out this weekend and I am going to be fabbing up a low profile oil pan over the next few weeks.. would be nice to have to have some mounts that work properly.

Comment

I just swapped my touring with these mounts, cleared the VW booster I'm using with no problems. Have to bash my exhaust a bit more to properly clear the sway bar, but its fine other than that.
        My feedback:
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
        @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

Whats the word?

Comment

I'd like to call out the claim that they "have zero issues with any other of there products".

It's called a "flex disc" for a reason. This Revshift part destroyed a transmission tunnel, shattered all of the shifter linkage and cracked the bell housing itself. When contacted, the company would not replace the part or offer to help with repairing any of the car that got destroyed due to this faulty part.
            Might I add to the "maintaining a straight driveline comment" and mention that this car was also using Revshift motor mounts.
            We recently swapped these mounts out for the "newer" design and found that the fitment is still absolute shit.

Do yourself a favor and stick with AKG or Condor products. And please, please, please, use an OEM flex disc!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Originally posted by John@Revshift View Post
              The 944 booster is ordered and on its way. What is the diameter of the IX booster? I intend to rework the mounts so that they fit with all of the swap boosters. 944, IX, and E21 with plenty of clearance. I'd like to make it so that you don't have to shave fins or anything like that. A crazy amount of effort and detail is about to go into this.
              lolwut?

Comment

Damn I've always had good luck with revshift and their customer service. I planned on using that flexdisk but I'm def worried now.

/// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Well shit I just got my trans mounts for m20, the studs one one mount don't make a straight line nor are the flat mounting surfaces level with each other. Fuck
                  Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

We actually tried to help out Mr Berlow several times. I personally reached out to him and to a friend of his to attempt to correct the situation. I got nowhere with that other than being met with insults and hostility. I tried. Now he bashes us every chance he gets. I guess he just wants to destroy a small business out of spite?

The guibo that we sell is successfully being used on probably over a thousand cars by now. It can be a tough part to install, we are the first to admit that. We sell it as a race part because everything needs to be properly aligned. There are a lot of people who do not understand drivetrain alignment and write the part off as junk. I have one on every single one of my cars without issue. Five cars from my E21 to my E92 M3.

SWAP MOUNTS! We have been doing some serious work on these things. The new design will have billet aluminum CNC machined ends with removable studs (similar to our E9x M3 trans mounts). We are building a turbo S54 engine to swap into our shop E30 and we are making sure the new mounts work for the M50/S50 and the S54 with the 944 booster while maintaining proper drivetrain alignment. This is not something that is easy to do and it is not something that you will get with any other swap mounts. The current design works great if you are using an E21 or 2002tii brake booster. The 944 booster is tight. They were designed using an E21 booster.

Look, we are a small company. Four guys including myself work here. We make everything ourselves. We cast the polyurethane here, cnc machine the parts here, tig weld, design the parts, all of it is done here by us. We also manufacture parts for other companies. We have a lot of happy customers and we try to make everyone happy. There are people that don't like us for various reasons and its a shame. Every company and even every person has people that don't like them. What I want you guys to know is, we try our best to provide you with the best damn parts that we can produce. We may have some mishaps from time to time but we will never stop giving it our all and we will never let someone be unhappy with our parts if they give us a chance to correct it.

Originally posted by Streichholzschächtelchen View Post
                    Well shit I just got my trans mounts for m20, the studs one one mount don't make a straight line nor are the flat mounting surfaces level with each other. Fuck
                    Sorry about that. We can exchange them out for you. We recently hired a new guy and a couple trans mounts slipped by that had slightly crooked bolts. They are welded internally and the new guy didn't clamp the parts tight enough which caused some warping in the metal. We caught it fairly quickly but a couple did slip by. You should have contacted us about it!

Comment

John reached out to me and offered new swap mounts. The problem is that there isn't a factory race car on this earth that uses anything but rubber for their driveshaft flexdisc. Stiffening this component is just not needed plain and simple. I'm not out to destroy small business. I run one myself.
                      This part failing at 80 mph on the highway put 3" holes in either side of the tranny tunnel, destroyed the driveshaft, cracked the bell housing, and destroyed the CSB & shifter linkage. John said sorry and sent us an updated engine mount. This is well over $1k in damage. Sending replacement mounts that you are sending to people without any problems is not good customer service. I happened to have a spare trans, I simply asked that you supply parts that your flexdisc broke or pay for those replacement parts... Nothing.

The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Originally posted by berlow94 View Post
                        John reached out to me and offered new swap mounts. The problem is that there isn't a factory race car on this earth that uses anything but rubber for their driveshaft flexdisc. Stiffening this component is just not needed plain and simple. I'm not out to destroy small business. I run one myself.
                        This part failing at 80 mph on the highway put 3" holes in either side of the tranny tunnel, destroyed the driveshaft, cracked the bell housing, and destroyed the CSB & shifter linkage. John said sorry and sent us an updated engine mount. This is well over $1k in damage. Sending replacement mounts that you are sending to people without any problems is not good customer service. I happened to have a spare trans, I simply asked that you supply parts that your flexdisc broke or pay for those replacement parts... Nothing.
                        There is no aftermarket performance company that will reimburse a customer for damages caused by incorrect installation of a race part. I know you will argue that it was installed correctly but that is not what we found. As I stated before, I have our flex disc on all of my bimmers. No issues. There are over a thousand cars using our flex disc with no issues. We have been selling our race guibos for around 7 years now and we have not seen any evidence of transmission damage from this part. I tried to help as much as possible at the time. Even though this issue is from three and a half years ago, feel free to email me with actual details. I am open to discuss it further and help in any way I reasonably can. We stand behind our parts and are always looking at ways to improve. We should probably end this discussion here as I am sure these guys don't want to read through a bunch of drama and accusations.

Also, BMW uses this type of guibo on newer cars from the factory.

Comment

John reached out to me and offered new swap mounts. The problem is that there isn't a factory race car on this earth that uses anything but rubber for their driveshaft flexdisc. Stiffening this component is just not needed plain and simple.
                          Why did you buy that part then if you know that BMW designed it to be out of rubber?

Isn't the part made for 'racing' only? What are you doing on public highway with the car then? Most racing parts are for "short term" only.

Comment

revshift 24v mounts not working

Originally posted by John@Revshift View Post
                            There is no aftermarket performance company that will reimburse a customer for damages caused by incorrect installation of a race part. I know you will argue that it was installed correctly but that is not what we found. As I stated before, I have our flex disc on all of my bimmers. No issues. There are over a thousand cars using our flex disc with no issues. We have been selling our race guibos for around 7 years now and we have not seen any evidence of transmission damage from this part. I tried to help as much as possible at the time. Even though this issue is from three and a half years ago, feel free to email me with actual details. I am open to discuss it further and help in any way I reasonably can. We stand behind our parts and are always looking at ways to improve. We should probably end this discussion here as I am sure these guys don't want to read through a bunch of drama and accusations.

Also, BMW uses this type of guibo on newer cars from the factory.

The car that the failed flexdisc was installed on has Revshift subframe mounts, a Revshift diff mount, and Revshift 24v swap motor mounts. If the flex disc failing was due to a drivetrain mis-alignment, than who's fault would that be? Maybe the company that has had to revise their motor mount design 3 times now? (Revshift claims the re-designs were needed for better brake booster clearance AND better drivetrain alignment!)

Not like we were using factory motor mounts and poly subframe mounts or even vice versa.

The above mount that you said is used on the newer bimmers still uses rubber isolation. I suspect that the new Bimmers also using a very different motor and subframe/diff mounts than these 30 year old cars. (New M2 uses absolutely no subframe bushings at all. It is hard mounted to the body.)

The problem here IMO is the construction of the part. The poly inserts are two poly halves that when pressed in do not meet in the middle. This caused the outer lip to pull off some the inserts. The metal shaft goes all the way through, but as soon as the lips began to give on the poly inserts the whole bolt/metal sleeve began to have movement inside of the poly.

The bug up my ass isn't just from this one incident. It took literally months to acquire these parts in the first place. We were told things like, "It will ship out tomorrow.". One person at Revshift even told us, "All i'm missing is some parts that i need to grab from the hardware store. You'll get a tracking # this afternoon." I understand that John has had a few people working for him over the years and i wish him the best of luck with his new customer relations person. But i feel that with all of the other companies on the market offering superior products at the same (if not better) competitive price, people should know what my experience has been.

And for the record, none of these problems have been on any of my cars. This incident occurred on my friends car which i had a big part in building. I only use Genuine AKG and Condor mounts on my cars. :)
                            Last edited by berlow94; 11-25-2016, 02:24 PM.

Comment

I have emailed, called, and private messages Berlow94 several times over the past 3 years. I even talked to one of his friends on the phone asking how I could make it right with him. His friend said its a lost cause. I am currently private messaging him again trying to remedy the situation. I have offered a lot and I just get hate in return.

Andrew, what can I do for you to correct the issue? I am now asking publicly. I have gathered that you want nothing from me other than to go out of business. You had issues with our race guibo. I am sorry that it did not work out well for you and for the last 3 years I have been willing to do whatever I can to fix the situation.

Comment

Just installed some of the 24v mounts. They seem to make the intake awfully close to my 944 booster.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                                Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Working...
                                X