Attempting S52 OBD1 E30 Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attempting S52 OBD1 E30 Swap

Hello everyone, this is my first post on r3vlimited! I have a couple questions about doing a S52 swap on my e30 (87' 325e), does anyone have a complete parts list of every single thing that I need, I've looked and I can't find anything complete for the S52 OBD1 E30 swao, and where is the best place to buy a S52 w/ Tranny. I am a noob at engine swaps or working on cars in general, as I have only gotten halfway to changing my clutch.... I will also will be posting a series of videos of my journey trying to swap my e30. Lastly does anyone have any pointers as to what I should do when swapping to the S52?

THANKS!

The FAQ/DIY section is for staff-approved instructional posts only. Please do not ask questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by Tarnjot View Post
      Lastly does anyone have any pointers as to what I should do when swapping to the S52?
      stay OBD2.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Tarnjot View Post
        Lastly does anyone have any pointers as to what I should do when swapping to the S52?

THANKS!
        First buy an e30 and e36 Bentley Manual. Next read...read and research alot!! I researched for months before purchasing any parts and I still had items that I wish I saw before performing the swap. There is simply too much information to list. All of the information is on the forum since the first 24V swaps were being done years ago. Good luck and take your time and enjoy the process. It is definitely a good learning experience.

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
        Instagram:
        https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
        LS Build Thread:
        https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

For starters:

325ix Brake Booster or Porsche 944 brake booster
          ZF Transmission and Driveshaft
          Red Label DME
          e34 m50 Oil Pan and pick up
          Do some research on wiring harnesses and tunes, TRM has these available and allows for some customization in your tuning depending on what you're running.

And like someone above said, it is absolutely worth it to keep everything OBD2. OBD1 makes diagnosing problems when you've got everything in and started tricky.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
            stay OBD2.
            This. There is no reason to go obd1. All unused sensors/functions of the obd2 ECU can be coded out to avoid engine light/error codes/ECU dysfunction. You will have much easier troubleshooting with obd2 - the bluetooth/wifi obd2 dongles available now that pair with your mobile phone are very cool. So is data logging.
            '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
            Shadetree30

Comment

Working...
            X