obd2 alternative CCV drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

obd2 alternative CCV drain

The CCV usually drains back into the oilpan via the dipstick tube. For swaps people have cut the e36 return tube off the dipstick tube and welded it to the e34 dipstick tube.

I am wondering if anyone has tried any alternate methods for draining the CCV back to the oilpan, cause i dont want to cut and weld the dipstick tube if i can avoid it.

I currently have a catchcan and am not a huge fan.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Yeah, you could drill/tap a bung into the pan or block if you wanted, I think there was another thread on here recently where someone did it that way.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Catch can?

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
      Holy shit did you even read this post before you posted?

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/announcement.php?f=156

This thread sure sucked last night. It just plain sucked. I've seen threads suck before but this is the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

Comment

Also, I feel like I should mention that I picked up one of those Mann Provent 200's, once I'm up and running I'll be checking it weekly to see how it performs. The Internet seems happy with them though.

Comment

the provent seems to still have a drain hose on it right?

Tapping into the oil pan seems like even more of a hassle...
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

It does. I'm not sure how much oil it ends up separating, but I've heard of people just running a clear hose down from the drain with a valve on the end. Then just open the valve to drain out the contents of the tube every once in a while

Comment

I looked into it more and found similar results. I think I will pick one up.

Off topic question, but what do most of you guys do with the fuel tank evap line? the one that would normally go into the charcoal canister? I have been running mine (with the electric valve) into my catchcan.

Comment

Still run it through the charcoal can, into the valve, to the brass nipple on the bottom of the OBD1 TB. I don't remember if the OBD2 TB has one in the same spot.

Comment

What is the "easiest" and "fastest" alternative to having to weld the dipstick and run the CCV?
                  Last edited by BECKSTER; 07-28-2016, 09:30 PM.
                  1990 Alpine 325is
                  1992 Schwarz 325ic (sold)

Comment

maybe drill and tap a bung into the top of the pan? I dunno.

People don't choose to mod the dipstick because it's the hardest option, they do it because it's the easiest. Drill a hole, weld the thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X