Transmission Mounts for AKG shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission Mounts for AKG shifter

Need recommendations for a transmission mount that is NOT a bolt-through design. Ideally, I am looking for something in similar durometer as the AKG 24V swap mounts (70A).

I am currently using the AKG 24V swap mounts and condor speed shop M20 bolt thru trans mounts with the original E30 325is trans mount and running the ZF from an M3. I am also running the AKG shifter!

Only reason I have the condor mounts was because I kept destroying stock M20 mounts (back when I had an M20) and my car kept popping out of gear under hard braking at track with the AKG shifter. Would like to move away from the bolt-through design. AKG 75D is out of the question

Anyone with a similar setup (AKG shifter) have recommendations? I was looking at the E21 mounts with cups, but am afraid of the trans getting out of gear under braking since they are still oem rubber

BTW - just drove my S52 E30 for the first time today after solving all the little bugs :-D
    sigpic

What exactly is wrong with the bolt through design?

I don't really understand how the engine/trans is moving enough to make the trans pop out of gear, especially with poly motor mounts. Never heard of anyone else having this problem.

Comment

I'm trying to reduce more of the NVH by switching to softer mounts with a different design. Something similar to the AKG 24v swap engine mounts, but for the transmission.

I've had multiple instances when braking on the track at a downhill section where the G260 would pop out of gear.

The setup that was run here was condor engine mounts and oem trans mounts using an AKG short shifter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      sigpic

Comment

E21 mounts with cups will be probably be just fine but pretty much any poly trans mount will keep it from moving and not have the NVH of the condors, they really might as well be aluminum.
        Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
        Bimmerbuddies LLC
        717-388-1256
        2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
        bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by robgoesvroom View Post
          I'm trying to reduce more of the NVH by switching to softer mounts with a different design. Something similar to the AKG 24v swap engine mounts, but for the transmission.

I've had multiple instances when braking on the track at a downhill section where the G260 would pop out of gear.

The setup that was run here was condor engine mounts and oem trans mounts using an AKG short shifter.

you named the problem; G260.

ZF boxes dont have this problem (even if the detents need service work)

We race with AKG billet engine mounts and OEM E46M3 transmission mounts (no enforcer cups).

There are no gear change issues (besides the fuck ups by the driver).

If running AKG shifter and complaing about NVH.....perhaps re-think the shifter choice.

AKG shifter is great for sprint racing SpecE30 use and if the body is caged up the wazoo; like STUPID caged with boxes at all the attachement points inside. It really should be paired with the heavy duty hard AKG mounts or Billet mounts.

for those driving the car to the track dont run an AKG shifter; run stock.
          (I'd assume only one who is streeting the e30 will care about NVH)
          OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. Already ordered the E21 mounts with cups from AKG. Should be arriving tomorrow

I'm just gonna just deal with the NVH because racecar and I sheared a stock IE "short shifter" because I play rough with my car. Also might as well deal with it while I'm young

sigpic

Comment

I'm just gonna just deal with the NVH because racecar and I sheared a stock IE "short shifter" because I play rough with my car. Also might as well deal with it while I'm young
              Considering the IE "short shifter" is BMW lever, you managed to shear an oem shift lever. That's impressive.

I don't like bolt-through mounts either, but concur with wangan that you need stiff mounts when your running a tunnel-mounted shifter. Congrats on getting the bugs out of your car!
              ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                Considering the IE "short shifter" is BMW lever, you managed to shear an oem shift lever. That's impressive.

I don't like bolt-through mounts either, but concur with wangan that you need stiff mounts when your running a tunnel-mounted shifter. Congrats on getting the bugs out of your car!
                yupz. 2 local friends have 3 akg shifter setups and it's always a the same way

you have to mount that mofo stiff.

btw a m20+e46 euro 320d 6mt+akg shifter works well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Ha M20. I'm glad I went S52

sigpic

Comment

Ha M20. I'm glad I went S52

We did 24v also because rocker arms are haters.

use any 6 speed with the S52 and akg shifter is also happy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

?????
                      sigpic

Comment

Update: got the mounts from E21 mounts and aluminum cups akg. Less vibrations. Will find out on July 19 if this combo works good on the track

sigpic

Comment

Broken English, I am azn

sigpic

Comment

I'm using a non-m tranny cross member with condor mounts on my e36 m3 s50/tranny swap in my e30 M3 with akg shifter.

Comment

FYI took it to the track. No problems popping out of gear with the E21 mounts and cups. We are good to go
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X