Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long shot - E30 driveshaft into an E36??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long shot - E30 driveshaft into an E36??

I know this is a long shot, but would anybody here have any knowledge of running an e30 driveshaft in an e36? Considering using an e30 325i driveshaft in my m52/getrag swapped e36 318ti. I've got the total length under control, my biggest question is alignment/fitment of the CSB???

Did you test fit the driveshaft ?

Comment

it would stand to reason that it would work. if the E36 shaft can be used behind the G250 trans in a swapped E30, with the correct CSB, then the reverse should be true with the correct E36 CSB, the E30 shaft should work behind the trans of your choice in the E36
      I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

Originally posted by scottinAZ View Post
        it would stand to reason that it would work. if the E36 shaft can be used behind the G250 trans in a swapped E30, with the correct CSB, then the reverse should be true with the correct E36 CSB, the E30 shaft should work behind the trans of your choice in the E36
        Thats what I figured too. From what I understand, the bearings themselves are the same, it's the mount thats different, and you use the correct CSB for your chassis??

Comment

yep, the E30 and E36 bearing ID is the same, so they are usable on the shafts interchangeably, depending on chassis
          I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

Working...
          X