m60 z3m coolant hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m60 z3m coolant hoses

Anyone have some info/ part number on coolant hoses they are running?

Mostly the two front radiator hoses. I plan on looping the crossover pipe for now until the fall just to get the car down the road.

Also I did a search and found the 20923 gates hose any confirmation on if that will work or not would be great.
    M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

I've been using a stock e36 325i lower hose and the Carquest 20923 upper hose for 5 years and 35k miles.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Thank you!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm using all stock hoses, with the front two modified.

Rear coolant bar hoses worked fine with slight trimming.

Front lower hose is stock m60 with about 1-2" trimmed off the longer side
        Front upper hose is stock m60 with the middle cut out and a custom 1 1/2" steel U-bend, welded to make shape around the oil filter housing.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtFoodBMW View Post
          I'm using all stock hoses, with the front two modified.

Rear coolant bar hoses worked fine with slight trimming.

Front lower hose is stock m60 with about 1-2" trimmed off the longer side
          Front upper hose is stock m60 with the middle cut out and a custom 1 1/2" steel U-bend, welded to make shape around the oil filter housing.
          Good to know the stock ones work as well, my oil filter is in a different location so no need for the "u".

Also this was probably covered but could you just loop the rear coolant pipe outlet and run no heat?

Comment

Originally posted by dougie30 View Post
            Good to know the stock ones work as well, my oil filter is in a different location so no need for the "u".

Also this was probably covered but could you just loop the rear coolant pipe outlet and run no heat?

The only problem I see with looping the back rail is that's where coolant enters the system (at least in my case). Where would you fill the cooling system with coolant? Maybe you have a third nipple on the rear accumulator, which would work but mine only had two. One for coolant fill/heater inlet, and one for heater outlet.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtFoodBMW View Post
              The only problem I see with looping the back rail is that's where coolant enters the system (at least in my case). Where would you fill the cooling system with coolant? Maybe you have a third nipple on the rear accumulator, which would work but mine only had two. One for coolant fill/heater inlet, and one for heater outlet.
              This is why i was asking, I didnt know this is where coolant entered the system

Comment

Working...
              X