Wtb m42 icv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wtb m42 icv

I think mine is broken and cleaning didn't work so now my idle is shit. help me out

Did you check vac lines?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

yeah took starter fluid and checked everywhere. I've got new gaskets on the upper and lower and throttle body. previous owner already did the mess under the intake clean up but I went in and replaced those hoses anyway. if I try and hold the rpms at anything above idle, after a few seconds they will drop and the engine almost stalls. injectors aren't leaking and my only other guess would be something fuel related? I bought new mustang injectors so maybe it's the fuel regulator or something?

Comment

before all this it was running but had a fuel leak from what I believed to be the two short hoses under the intake manifold but after trying the old injectors again it leaked around one of them so that oring mustve been bad. so with that info when the new injectors are in and not leaking I'm down to icv or fuel pressure regulator/something fuel system related

Comment

I also at one point got the 1262 code for the icv, but it's now back to 1444

Comment

Does the car run ok but just idle bad?

Comment

when I start to give it gas it will run but then acts like it runs out of gas and starts to try and stall. at idle it sounds lopey. when the revs start falling if I give it gas it hesitates hard then will usually rev but then just repeats itself of running out of juice and starts to want to stall

Comment

Check fuel pressure...you can rent a gauge from AuoZone if you don't own one. You can back probe the O2 with DVOM to get an idea if it is working properly. AFM and TPS may have a glitch as well although everything above should throw a code but fuel pressure.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by e30sh View Post
                  Check fuel pressure...you can rent a gauge from AuoZone if you don't own one. You can back probe the O2 with DVOM to get an idea if it is working properly. AFM and TPS may have a glitch as well although everything above should throw a code but fuel pressure.

Good luck.
                  wheres the best/easiest place to tap in for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Sladek View Post
                    wheres the best/easiest place to tap in for this?
                    Pull rubber fuel line from metal fuel line under intake. Put 1 side of gauge on the rubber line removed and the other side with a piece of high pressure 8x13 hose to the metal fuel line. Make sure you are on the feed side, not the return.

Comment

is feed the one closest to the firewall or the closest to the front? I'm not next to the car so asking for quick reference when I get back to working on it lol

Comment

Working...
                      X