Obama: 6 month report card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by h0lmes View Post
    That's your interpretation. In my mind they apply to ALL human beings.
    You're both wrong.

There are human rights guidelines and then there is the convention on the treatment of captured combatants. They are very different and although the human rights guidelines apply to all, the convention does not. Also, there are degrees to this that people are gleefully ignoring.

If you classify those men in Gitmo as enemy combatants, then the GC does apply. If you classify them as criminal, then GC does not apply. However, I think you would be surprised to find that those men were not tortured by definition. Were they mistreated? Yeah. But that was the point. They were interigated. Far worse happened on all sides during WWII and those were countries that signed the GC. It isn't a nice world out there and sometimes, the good guys have to step up and do the hard things so the sheep can continue to be the sheep.

It's beside the point anyway. This is yet another Obama fan deflecting attention from Obama and trying to lay all the world's ills at Bush's feet. Obama's people are good at deflecting it seems. Too bad it's about all they are good at.
    1987 E30 325is
    1999 E46 323i
    RIP 1994 E32 740iL
    oo=[][]=oo

Comment

Working...
    X