New 325i was it a steal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 325i was it a steal?

Greetings.. I am new to the forum and the proud new owner of our first BMW. A little history on the car. It was purchased new in 88 and used as a daily driver for 5 years before a new car replaced it as the daily driver and it was garaged. In 93 it had 80k miles, when purchased last month it had 110k. The lady we purchased it from was the original owner and had driven it sparingly over the last 20 years. The last time it was tabbed was in 2010 so it has sat for 3 years.
    To my eye it is immaculate, it has new top and tires, we have put about 1300 into it thru pur mechanic and we purchased it for $1,000 so we are only into it 2300 and it drives like a champ. It is a very fun car to drive and i look forward to many years with the car.
    Here are some pics
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Thanks for the great forum.

It has the Cardinal Red interior and also red carpet which i have been told is somewhat odd, perhaps a factory special order?

Comment

Nah it's not to odd, dye that shit grey though.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Red carpet is nasty, anthracite looks best with cardinal.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

welcome!
          sigpic

Comment

Sell me your interior? :)

Beautiful car!

Comment

all factory cardinals came with red carpet, I replaced mine with anthracite

sweet ride!

Comment

Welcome! I'd say you got a great deal and I love all things cardinal including the carpet!

;D

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Was looking at some other member rides and am interested in the front under valance this guy has on his ride. His car looks very similar to mine but the lower front where the fog lights are is totally different.
                  Here is his http://s414.photobucket.com/user/N2M...417a6.jpg.html
                  The other member is N2MYE30

here is what mine looks like
                  [IMG][/IMG]
                  Last edited by thundan; 09-13-2013, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                    Nah it's not to odd, dye that shit grey though.
                    Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                    Red carpet is nasty, anthracite looks best with cardinal.
                    Don't listen to this guy...

It's not odd, but kind of more rare to say. Sell or trade the red carpet if you don't like it. Don't ruin the factory red carpet with a dye job.
                    Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
                    all factory cardinals came with red carpet, I replaced mine with anthracite
                    1986-87 cardinal got the gray carpet. In 88 is when they finally got matching carpet.

But nice ride indeed!!

1992 BMW 325iC
                    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Was the timing belt & water pump done as a part of the maintenance on the car?

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerista View Post
                        Was the timing belt & water pump done as a part of the maintenance on the car?
                        No and I have been advised by my mechanic to do a timing belt and water pump soon. I will also be doing shocks and struts, just cant make up my mind wether i want to spring (pun intended) for the Bilstein ones or not.

Comment

hahah you dont want to sell me your armrests and map pockets do you?
                          10 minutes... then we invade China.
                          We'll begin with the small town of General Tso's,
                          And move to the Orange chicken province.

Comment

Originally posted by thundan View Post
                            Was looking at some other member rides and am interested in the front under valance this guy has on his ride. His car looks very similar to mine but the lower front where the fog lights are is totally different.
                            Here is his http://s414.photobucket.com/user/N2M...417a6.jpg.html
                            The other member is N2MYE30

here is what mine looks like
                            [IMG][/IMG]

That a later model, notice the small bumpers and the intergraded fog lights, I think 88 was a split year, the big bumpers are called "diving boards" on here, but I've been out of the BMW game for many years,
                            88 M3 Lachsliber glass top, 90 IS project,

Comment

You have an early model with diving board bumpers + front & rear valences. The car you posted up has late model year plastic bumper and valences and is likely a '91-'92 model year.

Do the timing belt and water pump ASAP. Those items are a ticking time bomb, especially as the car sat for 3 years before you purchased it. If the t-belt fails, that $2300 you have into it so far won't mean anything.

Also, if you're considering swinging for Bilsteins I say save up the extra cash and do it. If you don't plan to lower the car, I'd go with Bilstein HD's. I have them on my coupe with stock springs and it rides very pleasantly. Not overly sporty by any means but not a marshmellow Cadillac either.

Welcome to the forums & enjoy your new ride!
                              1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
                              SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
                              Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Working...
                              X