This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
    we cant, without a redesign. it was made at the school, so they own the rights to it
    Never use your best designs for school projects. My friend had a professor steal his idea a few years ago. Some things are best left in the brain.
    Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
    A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question regarding tie rod lock plates. Yesterday I tried to get an alignment and was told I have "tie rod damage" due to improper installation. My car has brand new tie rod ends and a rack that's been rebuilt by rack doctor. Long story short, I pulled the boots off and found the inner tie rod was simply loose and needed to be tightened. Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't there be lock plates between the rack end and the inner tie rod? My rack doesn't seem to have them. Is it safe to run without them, or should I hold off and get the lock plates installed before reassembling everything? It's a non-M e36 rack for reference.

Thanks,

Joey

Comment

yes you should have locking plates. however locktite and getting them tight hasnt failed on my racks.
        Much wow
        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Hope you guys had as awesome a Christmas as I did up at my parents cabin near donner summit!

Comment

We were up near Truckee too. Drove up right before the storm, came back yesterday. Best snowboarding of the last 7 years.
            cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
              We were up near Truckee too. Drove up right before the storm, came back yesterday. Best snowboarding of the last 7 years.

Yeah I flew in Saturday morning to Reno, they screwed me on a rental because I reserved chains but they didn't have any, and they wouldn't rent me a 4 wheel drive because I was under 25 (by a month and a half -.-)
              My parents live 3 miles down an unplowed fire road so I stopped in truckee and got some chains for $45.

On donner pass they had chain control and it was pointless, this was the summit.

So I had my chains on, and the cabin was another 20 miles down the road, so I said fuck it and drove for 30mph with my chains the rest of 80, very dangerous and bothersome lmao. But I made it, took forever.

Comment

Anyone here own an FD RX-7? Want to see how I feel in one, it's on the short list of new vehicles.

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Sweet cabin Spence
                  SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                  IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                  BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
                    Anyone here own an FD RX-7? Want to see how I feel in one, it's on the short list of new vehicles.
                    Dad had one when I was in high school. It felt a little cramped for me because I'm tall and lanky, but I think you'd be fine.

Just be ready to V8 it when the rotary goes pop.
                    past:
                    1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                    1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                    1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                    1985 323i baur
                    current:
                    1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Whats everyones plans for NYE?
                      SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                      IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                      BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                        Dad had one when I was in high school. It felt a little cramped for me because I'm tall and lanky, but I think you'd be fine.

Just be ready to V8 it when the rotary goes pop.
                        I'll be keeping it at/near stock power, so hopefully it won't pop right away. Easy to rebuild from what I've seen.

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
                          Sweet cabin Spence

Thanks joshewa

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
                            I'll be keeping it at/near stock power, so hopefully it won't pop right away. Easy to rebuild from what I've seen.
                            My friends dad owns one. It's completely stock. Car is super fun to drive for what it has (stock power, stock suspension etc..) Been wanting one for a while now also.
                            1986 Schwartz Black 325es
                            2005 Alpine White E46 M3

Comment

I went on a quick run when I got home from work yesterday and spotted a 1987 L6. I had to stop and ask the old lady about it because I had never heard of the L6. The old lady didn't seem to know much about it besides it being a more luxurious model. Turns out she was right! Has anyone ever seen one of these?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                              Transaction feedback
                              - jpod999

Comment

Spency that looks like a blast. We (my dad) just picked up an e39 touring last week. How's the holidays guys?

My vert needs a front wheel bearing (have the new FAG part) installed and I have neither the puller nor the inclination really. Does anyone know a good/reasonably priced southbay shop for this type of stuff? Or anyone with the puller want to make some cash this weekend? I got a quote for $400 and at that price I'd figure it out myself..

About the L6--I've heard about them and there's actually a super clean one on sfbay CL for 8500 last I checked. My brother tells me it's been up for years though..I may go try to see what's wrong with it.
                                The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                                Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                                2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                                2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                                X