Pic Request: 225/50 on Euroweaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pic Request: 225/50 on Euroweaves

Just so we have a reference as to how 225s look on 7" width. Im sure they will look a little balloony width wise but I need a better look at it. Ive seen 225/50s on Ronals and it is the tits but those are 7.5" width. I just dont want the tires crowning because of width when I install my euroweaves.
    [/SIGPIC]

15x7 ET24 Style 10 with Falken 225/50/15
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

They are beefy but look better than 205/55/15. How wide they actually are depends on the brand of tire though. Do your research.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

225 is too wide for a 7" wheel IMO, even 205 is pushing it with the way most tires run wide.

Tire Rack is a good resource for finding out the ACTUAL width of tires. The section number, e.g. "205" doesn't always tell you the full story. Example: BFG Sport Comp 2s in 195 are wider than most tires in 205. You put 225 Sport Comp 2s on a 7" wheel and you're gonna rip your dick off.
        1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

Originally posted by c0rbin9 View Post
          225 is too wide for a 7" wheel IMO, even 205 is pushing it with the way most tires run wide.

Tire Rack is a good resource for finding out the ACTUAL width of tires. The section number, e.g. "205" doesn't always tell you the full story. Example: BFG Sport Comp 2s in 195 are wider than most tires in 205. You put 225 Sport Comp 2s on a 7" wheel and you're gonna rip your dick off.
          I love my 224/45R16s on my 16x7s. 225s aren't too wide for a 7in wide wheel. Sidewall might not be as stiff as a 205, but there is still grip for days and I think they look great. I also like the little added extra protection for my newly refinished lips.

Even the tire/fitment guru agreed, Mystikal has run the same tire/wheel combo on his car and recommended the 225s over the 205s http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...postcount=9133

And Mystikal's "Penultimate" setup is 15x7 +20 BBS RZ's with 225/50 tires on his 325iS. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...postcount=9039 Maybe you should rock some 225/50s on your new RZs c0rbin9!
          Last edited by Zeemz; 05-05-2017, 12:16 PM.
          1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
          1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
          September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
          Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Zeemz View Post
            I love my 224/45R16s on my 16x7s. 225s aren't too wide for a 7in wide wheel. Sidewall might not be as stiff as a 205, but there is still grip for days and I think they look great. I also like the little added extra protection for my newly refinished lips.

Even the tire/fitment guru agreed, Mystikal has run the same tire/wheel combo on his car and recommended the 225s over the 205s http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376325

And Mystikal's "Penultimate" setup is 15x7 +20 BBS RZ's with 225/50 tires on his 325iS. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...postcount=9039 Maybe you should rock some 225/50s on your new RZs c0rbin9!

Thanks guys. Both is good input. I will go through the actual dimensions of different brands on Tire Rack.
            [/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by EfrenFlores View Post
              Thanks guys. Both is good input. I will go through the actual dimensions of different brands on Tire Rack.
              I edited my post...I fixed the first link as it was wrong.

1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
              1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
              September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
              Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Actually 225/50-15 is rated for use on rims that are 6" to 8" wide. They are a perfect on a 7" rim width and the sidewalls are generally squared up. R-compound versions tend to have a wider cross-section width compared to street tires but it's not an issue since the rims are in the middle of the spec'd range.

I've tracked and autocrossed 225 tires on 6", 7", and 7.5" rim widths in the past with no issues. They looked at little pooched on the 6 inchers, but performed great.

I have also run 205/50-15 Falken Azenis on 7" Kosei K1s and they were a little stretched, but worked fine. I later ran the same tire on my 7.5" Ronals and that extra stretch looked worse, but the tires stayed on the rims.

Here's a good angle showing 225/50-15 Kumho V700 Victoracer tires on my 15x7 ET27 Kosei K1s. The V700's cross section was a little wider than my Dunlop and BFG street tires.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by randywalters; 05-06-2017, 07:29 AM. Reason: added pic
                Randy Walters

2021 Mazda 3 Sedan Premium AWD
                1988 325is (w/89 bumpers, recently sold)
                1989 325is (Broadsided long ago RIP)
                1996 328is (Sold to Matt J)
                2003 530i Sport (Spare car now)
                2005 X3 (little woman's car)
                Driving Instructor BMW CCA L.A. & S.D. Chapters
                Multiple L.A. & S.D. Region SCCA Autocross Championships

Comment

I had 225/45 ventus RS-3's on my euroweaves a few years back... plenty of track time on em too. I loved the look!

IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by randywalters View Post
                    Actually 225/50-15 is rated for use on rims that are 6" to 8" wide. They are a perfect on a 7" rim width and the sidewalls are generally squared up. R-compound versions tend to have a wider cross-section width compared to street tires but it's not an issue since the rims are in the middle of the spec'd range.

I've tracked and autocrossed 225 tires on 6", 7", and 7.5" rim widths in the past with no issues. They looked at little pooched on the 6 inchers, but performed great.

I have also run 205/50-15 Falken Azenis on 7" Kosei K1s and they were a little stretched, but worked fine. I later ran the same tire on my 7.5" Ronals and that extra stretch looked worse, but the tires stayed on the rims.

Here's a good angle showing 225/50-15 Kumho V700 Victoracer tires on my 15x7 ET27 Kosei K1s. The V700's cross section was a little wider than my Dunlop and BFG street tires.
                    Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                    I had 225/45 ventus RS-3's on my euroweaves a few years back... plenty of track time on em too. I loved the look!

Great info thanks guys!
                    [/SIGPIC]

Comment

I will be wrapping them in 225/50!
                      [/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                      X