Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sloppy Shifter Play '87 325i

Hey Guys,
    Did a quick search and found some links to different websites that show various parts and diagrams for the 5-sp in my E30.

However I don't see a couple of my questions answered in my search.

I have a really good amount of lateral shifter play (2-3 inches at least). Wondering what parts i would need to order from here to rebuild the pieces of the shifter to make it nice and tight again?

Or if there are aftermarket alternatives, i'm open to that as well. Happy to go towards a shorter shift kit too

I see this shifter kit here:

and this one here that is more expensive:

Wondering what the differences are mechanically and why one costs a decent amount more than the other?

Also, if i got one of those shifter "kits" from blunttech, what other parts would i have to order to fix the lateral sloppiness?

Any help would be greatly appreciated since im very new to the E30 world and BMW's in general
    '87 Vert, Black, 5-sp
    '15 Civic Si, White - Daily commuter
    '15 MB C300 Sport, White/Cranberry - Wife's

Seems like the only difference is the zhp knob and the shift arm bracket in the more expensive one. Not worth it in my opinion. While you're in there you should ditch the old selector rod and get a DSSR. They come in all flavors and price ranges, but serve the same function. I'd just get the cheapest you can find if you're on a budget.

Garagistic is your one-stop source to performance BMW parts. From Grip, street, show or drift, we got the parts your BMW needs. We carry BMW parts for your E30, E36, E46, E82, E92 and much more!

There are even cheaper ones. I think someone on here used to make some, just search around.
    Last edited by sampayne; 05-29-2017, 02:55 PM.

Originally posted by 2mAn
    The BMW V6 is the best

Comment

Originally posted by sampayne View Post
      Seams like the only difference is the zhp knob and the shift arm bracket in the more expensive one. Not worth it in my opinion. While you're in there you should ditch the old selector rod and get a DSSR. They come in all flavors and price ranges, but serve the same function. I'd just get the cheapest you can find if you're on a budget.

Garagistic is your one-stop source to performance BMW parts. From Grip, street, show or drift, we got the parts your BMW needs. We carry BMW parts for your E30, E36, E46, E82, E92 and much more!

There are even cheaper ones. I think someone on here used to make some, just search around.
      thank you sir, much appreciated. and yea i dont think i need the fancy shift knob
      '87 Vert, Black, 5-sp
      '15 Civic Si, White - Daily commuter
      '15 MB C300 Sport, White/Cranberry - Wife's

Comment

Working...
      X