This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SoCal General Chat

Did you put a new battery in? 12-13 volts is low should be 14.4ish when running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

What's up gents?

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
      my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
        What's up gents?
        Hi

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
          Hi

Hi Abby!

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
          my feedback thread

Comment

I've only been pulled over once in the e30 and some of you guys were there to witness it. It's actually my sig. He pulled me over for brake lights not working but the real bust was when he ran my plates and I didn't have registration.

"Who gave you the stickers?"
            "A friend made them for me."
            "I'm gonna ask you again, where'd you get the stickers from?"
            "Like I said, a friend made them."
            Cop takes a closer look at the fake sticker, "Tell your friend he's good and that it's a felony to forge state documents. I'm taking your car. Find a way home"

It was a sad day eating a tray full of lumpia by myself.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
              Roflmfao.....

I want to make this my sig.
              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Holy shit.

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I'd develop gout if I ate a full tray of lumpia

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Jesus. Thats a nice sig picture though. Had a car "taken" from me before as well.... quite a story

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
                    '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                    Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
                      I've only been pulled over once in the e30 and some of you guys were there to witness it. It's actually my sig. He pulled me over for brake lights not working but the real bust was when he ran my plates and I didn't have registration.

"Who gave you the stickers?"
                      "A friend made them for me."
                      "I'm gonna ask you again, where'd you get the stickers from?"
                      "Like I said, a friend made them."
                      Cop takes a closer look at the fake sticker, "Tell your friend he's good and that it's a felony to forge state documents. I'm taking your car. Find a way home"

Lmao i remember that
                      Originally posted by dvck
                      I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Hey guys, it's been awhile since I've been on here but you guys seem like my best source of advise for these problems. I bought a $3000 328is this past dec as a daily. I've obviously had e30's but never a e36 and I may have purchased it appresnivley. Anyway the water pump pully broke 150 miles from my house leaving me stuck in the car the night I got it(car didn't even make it home). I towed it home, did a cooling refresh (minus the rad) and everything was fine till it wasn't. Car started to overheated on me again and I soon realized it wasn't fully bled, then I decided air must be getting in through the rad so I ordered a new one. Well I "seem" to have bled the completely fresh system and I notice vapor at the exhaust while the car is at temp... I looked under the oil cap and there were water droplets there too:(. The car never made it to the 3/4 mark but I know these iron and aluminum heads are finicky. Im scared to do hg job just for there to be crack, and this motor is already at 230k, so if just a hg alone is out of the question, what would be easier/cheaper, rebuild or replacement?

I guess I'm just looking for the cheapest way out of this, I was naive to think 20 yo BMW's would be any less antention demanding than 30yo ones, too bad they're not as pretty
                        Last edited by Best_name_available; 05-27-2017, 11:58 AM.
                        Originally posted by Vokuhila
                        I laughed, and then I serioused

Comment

you could probably find a lower mile motor at a bmw junker for about the same to do a hg if you got the head checked out etc. So I vote replace

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by Best_name_available View Post
                            Hey guys, it's been awhile since I've been on here but you guys seem like my best source of advise for these problems. I bought a $3000 328is this past dec as a daily. I've obviously had e30's but never a e36 and I may have purchased it appresnivley. Anyway the water pump pully broke 150 miles from my house leaving me stuck in the car the night I got it(car didn't even make it home). I towed it home, did a cooling refresh (minus the rad) and everything was fine till it wasn't. Car started to overheated on me again and I soon realized it wasn't fully bled, then I decided air must be getting in through the rad so I ordered a new one. Well I "seem" to have bled the completely fresh system and I notice vapor at the exhaust while the car is at temp... I looked under the oil cap and there were water droplets there too:(. The car never made it to the 3/4 mark but I know these iron and aluminum heads are finicky. Im scared to do hg job just for there to be crack, and this motor is already at 230k, so if just a hg alone is out of the question, what would be easier/cheaper, rebuild or replacement?

I guess I'm just looking for the cheapest way out of this, I was naive to think 20 yo BMW's would be any less antention demanding than 30yo ones, too bad they're not as pretty
                            I wouldnt be so quick to assume the hg is blown. Do some proper tests, compression, leakdown, before you assume the worst. I come from a lot of experience in e36s, regarding condensation under the cap, a quick drive is no indicator. It usually takes a decent of 20-30 mins to clear comdensation under the oil cap. You should also pull the oil level indicator. When I bought my first e36 shortly after purchase, the water pump sheared all the fins (plastic) off the shaft and overheated. I feeaked out. But replaced the pump, bled the system and its been perfectly fine since. Do some troubleshooting and report back.

Edit: The 24Vs get a lot of crap especially the 90s for being overaensitive to overheating issues but I think reality is that as long as you dont do something dumb and drive a distance on a hot motor the 24Vs are also very reliable

Edit2: autozone/oreillys etc can lend those tools if you dont have them

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
                            '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                            Shadetree30

Comment

Happy BBQ day

Currently building a badass coffee table
                              Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Anyone into old Datsuns?
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X