X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMC motorsport shifter???

Who out there is running one of these??
    how do they feel? how do they mount?

Their website doesnt show much at all so hoping people with real world experience can enlighten me.

Lambo just installed one and posted his thoughts in post #1552: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...56206&page=104

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
    Transaction feedback
    - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
      Lambo just installed one and posted his thoughts in post #1552: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...56206&page=104

I wish I had seen this, not sure how I missed it when I was searching around...

Heres lambo's exact post from above

Originally posted by lambo View Post
      Installed the PMC shifter today along with the Garagistic DSSR... got a few comments on both products.

So the Garagistic DSSR didn't work, out-of-the-box, with the PMC shifter. The brass bushing in the shifter was too large to fit in the DSSR. I ended up filing down the DSSR to get it to work.

DSSR:

Shifter:

The pin that connects the DSSR to the shifter is also a tight fit in the shifter. It's pretty tough to line up while under the car.

Finally, I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to put an emblem on top of the shift knob. It's threaded on so it's very unlikely that you could get it tight and have the emblem orientated correctly...

I had a similar experience with my DSSR and PMC shifter not exactly working together. I measured my old shifter and it measured 20.81mm and the PMC was 21.1. I filed down the brass because my DSSR (UUC I think, been a few years now) also didnt fit the PMC shifter.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
      X