Goodbye to Holly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boggie1688 View Post
    Instructor is an absolute fool for bracing by putting his feet up on the dash.
    He pulled his legs in away from the foot boards to protect his legs in the crumple zone. Arms up, I'd have pulled them into my chest area.

Brutal to look at the aftermath, Imagine you are quite sore.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Holy CRAP dude that was a hard hit as well as a really crappy place to realize you have no brakes. I am glad to hear you and your instructor are OK.

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Sorry to say this, but at least this did not happen on a public road and that there were no other vehicles involved.
        1990 325i
        2004 330i Individual 6-speed
        sigpic

Comment

This makes me sick! I am sorry to hear about this incident and glad you are ok. Your car was one of my favorite E30s and one of the inspirations for me to build mine.

Comment

Really sorry to see this. That hit was crazy hard and that car had tons of TLC put into it. Really glad you are both ok.

Comment

Damn :(
              Hank Ahrens
              1984 Alpine Coupe
              1978 911sc

Comment

I was expecting you would be selling it....Trailer goodbye photo only to discover the wreck photos which are horrible. glad everyone is alright..

Comment

glad you are ok.

now to find a new and improved Holly 2.0

Comment

Jesus.

Sorry for your loss. Best of luck with getting back in the driver's seat of an E30.

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Very nice build! I've also lost a car that I've put blood, sweat, and tears into. Thankfully everyone is OK after that wreck! Good luck on your next project!

Comment

Damn, sorry to hear about your car. Hopefully you can get back in another one soon and put all of this behind you. After my first Z3 got totaled I refused to put any kind of major work into a car and regretted it. I didn't really get back into cars until 2 years later when I picked up my ix.

Originally posted by audiquattrot View Post
                        ugghhh i felt like i was looking at my own car in the 1st pic.
                        At first I thought it was your car too.
                        My Garage
                        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

:(
                          Build Threads:
                          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

such a bummer! glad you're alright.

That being said, what you gonna do with that rear bumper? ;)

Comment

That video is chilling, glad you made it out in one piece. Wow.
                              8380 Laboratories
                              M3 Champs Poster

Comment

That is a very hard hit. I'm glad both of you walked away, especially considering how much the roof buckled.

The brake system doesn't completely cut out from one punctured line. The front and rear systems are separate circuits, and a loss of pressure in one would still leave you with some brake. I would suspect the booster rod or pedal clevis part of the assembly.
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X