Door lock micro-switch problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door lock micro-switch problem

I just got my car back from paint and went to put the locks back in.
    Noticed that some parts were missing and had to fish them from the bottom of the door.
    *sigh*
    Then tried assembling and while the key would turn (including the double lock) the door didn't lock nor would it open the central locking system. I pressed the microswitch and the system did work so I've ruled out a wiring problem.
    *sigh some more*
    I then checked online and found that I was missing the little metal arm for the switch; fished it from the bottom of my door and back in.
    Hoping that after this very long day of getting my car in one piece it would work.... nothing.

So now I have left it in hopes that somebody can assist me in figuring this one out.

Here is a photo of the switch with the arm:

Here is the plate with the lock in it:

And here is the assembly with the key turned; it shows that the metal arm and microswitch are not being touched by anything:

Anybody have some insight into what is wrong here?
    If it matters, this is for a heated door lock system.

The micro switch on the drivers door only activates the double lock. The regular lock/unlock happens when he actuator is push down or pulled up.

Comment

Check out the pics on this site for the right orientation.

Comment

Alright, so microswitch should only be hit when the door goes into double lock.. got it.
        Are there any tips to make sure everything is aligned before i smash the c-clip back in?
        Either my lock actuator is now broken (wasn't before) or I am just not lining up the cylinder into the latch properly.

Comment

Working...
        X