Odd Interior Light Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd Interior Light Issue

So my interior light works, but the opposite the way I want it to.

So there are 3 settings, the door mode, off, and on mode.

For some reason, the door mode works opposite of what it's supposed to. (On when the door closed, off when door open. )

Has anyone run into this issue? Not very good with electronics, any help would be greatly appreciated. (This is for a 1990 325iC if it makes any difference)

The door switch is normally OPEN (light off). When the door opens, the switch closes and completes the circuit. Check to see if you have the correct switch.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I had a broken drivers side door switch that made the interior lights act strangely ,it could only be seen when it was taken out .The drivers side switch has two terminals and links both switches .

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
        The door switch is normally OPEN (light off). When the door opens, the switch closes and completes the circuit. Check to see if you have the correct switch.
        Thanks!

Originally posted by 1843lamp View Post
        I had a broken drivers side door switch that made the interior lights act strangely ,it could only be seen when it was taken out .The drivers side switch has two terminals and links both switches .
        Interesting, thanks, I will go test this out.

Comment

Working...
        X