Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toe Out in the rear. Subframe or Trailing Arm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toe Out in the rear. Subframe or Trailing Arm?

Replaced all the bushings in the rear end of the car. Did not change the suspension (appears to be billies and oem springs). Got my car alligned and it's giving me a negative toe reading in the back right side. It's out of spec by about 0.45 degrees. Which part is messed up? My subframe or the trailing arm? Is this terminal?

It could be bad trailing arm bushings, bent trailing ams, or rarely a bent subframe.

I'd start with the bushings and go from there.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
      It could be bad trailing arm bushings, bent trailing ams, or rarely a bent subframe.

I'd start with the bushings and go from there.
      I just replaced all the bushings though :/ like 500 miles ago

Comment

Is your ride height even? With our semi-trailing arm suspension, toe changes with ride height, if one side is too high it could cause toe to be out of spec, though camber would also be affected. It's certainly more likely to be a bent trailing arm than a bent subframe.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 1-26

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
          Is your ride height even? With our semi-trailing arm suspension, toe changes with ride height, if one side is too high it could cause toe to be out of spec, though camber would also be affected. It's certainly more likely to be a bent trailing arm than a bent subframe.
          I'll look into it. Thanks for the tips!

Comment

Working...
          X