Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering knuckle help.

Hey guys,

I am in the middle of swapping in a fresh ZHP rack into my 1984 325e. I ordered a non airbag swap kit, and was about to shorten my steering knuckle, but I'm a little confused. I have read a bunch of threads, and thought the next step was to grind off the rivets and remove the collapsible portion of the knuckle. I was expecting my knuckle to look like this

But I have it up in the air, and my knuckle looks like this. Am I just not seeing it? How to I shorten mine?

I just went through this and what a PITA. Putting it together was easy. Just sourcing the right combo was difficult. Ended up sourcing a knuckle like the one in your first picture. Not sure what knuckle I was trying to use but it could've been like your second picture. Check the splines on each end. You will need a fine spline on both ends for this to work. If you are able to use knuckle in the second pic I would first make sure that it needs to be shortened. If it needs to be shortened or lengthened I would remove the rubber flex joint and reattach with some good quality fasteners. (add spacer there if needed).

Comment

Working...
    X