Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hotter than thermostat but not overheating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hotter than thermostat but not overheating?

I am finishing up my m52 obd2 swap and it is running hotter than my thermostat but is staying solid at one temp without overheating

I have a 80c thermostat(176f) but according to my obd2 reader the sensor is reading that I am staying steady at between 199-203f in all weather, with out without the heater core turned on. shouldn't it be more like 180f? I went and put in a aftermarket electric water temp gauge. It reads between 215-219f for the same 199-203f that the oem sensor reads. car is bled properly and using good coolant and I put Royal Purple ICE water wetter in it.

so I then went and got a decent IR thermometer from amazon. here it gets a bit weird. we tested the IR gun and it was reading right within a 1-2f range. when I used it on the car I got these results. top radiator hose-155f. intake side of head 163f. front of vanos 173f. lower radiator hose 135f. hot side of rad 153f. cold side of rad 135f. top of valve cover 160f. exhaust manifold(just for the fun of it) 550f.

am I just paranoid? am I running hot? what does all this info say to you?

90-95 degrees celcius is perfectly fine.

Comment

Working...
    X