Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I took the gear off again, third time [emoji30], and was able to get the other one on. I found my old phone and took a few pics of the gear and pin, this thing had to have put my timing off 10-20 degrees like someone mentioned. To install the good gear I had to remove the pin from the camshaft. Pics suck I know but it is what it is, sorry if they're big. I also had to tear the harness completely apart due to the wire corrosion, its an orange one idk if you can see it. I'll probably fix this tomorrow if I can find a matching connector.

Comment

Brought home this piece of junk last night. I'm now thinking I over payed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
      Much wow
      I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post

If the G-lader doesnt blow up while you own it, Id say you did fine.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
          I found my old phone and took a few pics of the gear and pin, this thing had to have put my timing off 10-20 degrees like someone mentioned.
          Yeah, that cam gear is trashed. Also, I would believe that having your timing flopping around like that could definitely contribute to why your piston kissed a valve. Good job on finding the root cause and fixing it properly!

Maybe, but it sure is pretty!
          sigpic
          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Got it all together and it runs good besides a slight drop when returning to idle from any rpms. Gotta focus in the interior now, anyone have experience fixing crooked/twisted seat backs? Ive got my passenger comfort seat partially apart but im not sure whats causing the lean or what to look for.

Comment

I fixed that in my E34 years ago, I think its very common on E34s and there was a writeup on bfc, try searching there
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

its seat runs off two separate motors. Usually a wire breaks on one of the motors causing it to recline or incline from one side only. Its a pretty easy fix, once the seat is out of the car.
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                  its seat runs off two separate motors. Usually a wire breaks on one of the motors causing it to recline or incline from one side only. Its a pretty easy fix, once the seat is out of the car.
                  Isn't he talking about manually operated e30 seats?
                  sigpic
                  1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                  1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                  1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                    Isn't he talking about manually operated e30 seats?

Oh, I saw 2mAn talking about e34s and thought that was the car of subject.

Anyways that's how you do it on e34s and e39s! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Hey guys, anybody want to check a car out for me? I live in KY and saw something I really want. The car is in Campbell, Ca.

Comment

i can. i'm close to Campbell
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

And Eric will critique the fuq out of it haha
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            And Eric will critique the fuq out of it haha
                            Much wow
                            I hate 4 doors

Comment

I say that with love
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

My man. PM sent.

Comment

Working...
                                X