What is this vacuum/coolant line for?? off cylinder?? M20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this vacuum/coolant line for?? off cylinder?? M20

Hey am putting together an m20 and got stuck on this port coming from cylinder 6 on the engine block. It looks like its for a vacuum line but im not sure why one would be there or where it would lead to?? Any help is appreciated I just wanna know what its for!

A pic would help
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

It's where the bongwater goes when you're done.

Or the throttle body heater hooks up...

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Haha I like it but I loke to keep my glass inside ;p. Pictures arent uploading for some reason but its a little nub that comes out of the side of cylinder 6. Just under where the head attatches

Comment

does this photo work?

Is it the white doovy just near cylinder 6?

this photo should help, gives a pictorial view of the water system, the white doovy in the above photo connects to the throttle body.

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
            does this photo work?

Is it the white doovy just near cylinder 6?

this photo should help, gives a pictorial view of the water system, the white doovy in the above photo connects to the throttle body.

AWESOME thanks thats exactly what I was talking about!! does the hose then go to the attachment underneath where the brake booster connects? the lower of those two elbows?

Comment

No, to the throttle body.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by yosh View Post
                No, to the throttle body.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
                Yeah but on the throttle body where does it connect to?

Comment

look at some pictures on here dude in the million builds and engine photo uploads
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  '90 325i sedan daily driven
                  '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by RoarinE21 View Post
                    Yeah but on the throttle body where does it connect to?

The pipe holes......on the throttle body.

Comment

That hose from cyl number 6 connects to the throttle body heater (which has debatable usefulness, but might as well leave it on).

The lower pipe on the throttle body is the one connected to cyl 6 on my car and the upper one goes to the thermostat housing.

Comment

Originally posted by AutobahNZ View Post
                        That hose from cyl number 6 connects to the throttle body heater (which has debatable usefulness, but might as well leave it on).

The lower pipe on the throttle body is the one connected to cyl 6 on my car and the upper one goes to the thermostat housing.
                        Hey thanks so much man!! Answered my question perfectly!

Comment

Working...
                        X