Review: Garagistic Cup Holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review: Garagistic Cup Holder

Note: Not sponsored at all, just wanted to share with the community!

So like a lot of us E30 owners who are missing a cupholder, I thought I would give this a try. I previously had the Husco armrest/cupholder but I sold it because it got in the way of shifting for me.

Build quality: I think it is ok, there is a piece a pole that sticks down that kind of braces itself on the center console for extra stability which I thought was a nice design, I might put some soft pads under there so it doesn't scuff up the center console long term.

Cups: Went to get a large coffee at McDonald's and it doesn't fit all too well. :(

Position: My hand kind of hits it sometimes when I go to 5th, which kind of peeved me... If I were to re-design this, I'd probably move it out a bit more so it doesn't get in the way as much.

Other than that, time to downgrade to some medium coffees! I prefer this position over the options that are behind the e-brake area, that's for sure.

Thank you for the review. We will look into making a big gulp version. Alot of requests for something a little bigger then standard coke/redbull/soft drink can sizes.

Comment

thanks for the review, I have been on the fence as I live on coffee... Does it move around or rattle?

Is that a USB plug in lighter or a replacement? My PO left my lighter a nasty mess and I am looking to replace it with something I can use...

Comment

How does a large mcdonalds coffee compare in size to say, something from starbucks? I was going to buy this, but the misses needs something capable of holding her coffee.
        Originally posted by Sonny
        I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by eternal24k View Post
          thanks for the review, I have been on the fence as I live on coffee... Does it move around or rattle?

Is that a USB plug in lighter or a replacement? My PO left my lighter a nasty mess and I am looking to replace it with something I can use...
          It's pretty sturdy because of the piece that comes down that braces against the center console.

It's a USB lighter plug! Works great.

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
          How does a large mcdonalds coffee compare in size to say, something from starbucks? I was going to buy this, but the misses needs something capable of holding her coffee.
          Basically a large from McDonalds or Starbucks won't fit, you can slot it in but only goes in about half an inch... Not very sturdy in that sense. A medium barely clears, it sits lower but not enough that I feel comfortable with.

Been drinking small coffee's lately!

Comment

Long Term updates?

Currently have a Ebay 24 bucks china/cheap one, which was a waste, as it was too small a hole, and very fragile.
            I now have a towel now cause i know whats gonna happen

Need a good solution, please thanks
            [1991, E-30 325i, 5-Speed, M20, Brillantrot] [1998, B5 Passat 1.8t] [2007, R6 Yamaha] [2011, Tundra 5.7]

Comment

Still loving my GearSwitch cup holders (have them in the cabrio and touring). One broke recently (after 5+ years of use) and GearSwitch sent me a replacement free under the lifetime warranty.

Cory
              1992 325i Cabrio
              1988 320i Touring
              2000 M5
              1977 530i
              2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
              BMWCCA
              E30CCA

Comment

Working...
              X