Sensor plugs differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensor plugs differences

I'm fitting a m52tub25 from a e46using a e39 loom, I've completed the wiring work and gone to fit and noticed that the sensor plugs are different.
    Attached Files

Also the cam sensor is different. I have the e46 loom but it was cut from the ecu, so can change the plugs over or is it a matter of buying new crank and cam sensors.

Comment

Do you have single vanos m52 or dual. Those sensor plugs at least look like regular single vanos m52 ones. In that case you have wrong wiring harness. The engine you got is m52b25 and the garness is for m52tub25 (dual vanos). Those are not compatible at all.

EDIT or is it other way around that ypu have dual vanos engine but engine harness is for single vanos engine (you can have single vanos m52 in e39. Not in e46)

Comment

I see M54 cam position sensor loom on the right...

t
        Last edited by TobyB; 08-15-2017, 10:33 PM. Reason: dyslexic
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

I believe it's a m52tub25 engine from a e46 1999. Would I be better to find a e46 m52tub25 loom? I was told to get a e39 loom as its longer so ecu can go in original position.

Comment

So must be a m52 harness.

Comment

Yeah e39 loom will work. But make sure thst it's from m52tu. They have made e39 chassis with m52, m52tu and m54 engines. So it's easy to mix those. The looms are not compatible between those engines.

Comment

Is it a case of changing the sensors to match it? It's finding a tu loom 😐

Comment

Working...
                X