Body work advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body work advise

So my car is needing the rear quarter replaced and the radiator support along with the abs tray and about 12 inches of fender mounting. I have a doner car for these body parts that are in perfect shape. Is this something I should tackle at all or just pay the body shop the crazy amount they want. I've been reading about body work and repair and watched a few videos. I know a lot more goes into these sort of things but just want some advice.
    Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Pay to have it done. Watching a few videos online does not mean you know how to do body work.

Comment

If the car isn't going to be a show queen, I say go for it!

I have very little bodywork experience, but an unyielding desire to learn and do things myself.

My buddy fubar'd the bumper on his e21. Rather than replacing the bumper, I said, "LET'S SHAVE IT!"

All I had was some common sense, and the small amount of knowledge picked up from acquaintances over the years...so I went for it.

I have to say, it was a great learning experience...and I gained some valuable experience. It took me a total of 10 hours start to finish, but the results were pretty damn good.

Suspension tips here...
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

learn on practice cars or junk cars. Pay to have it done. I got all gung ho one year and dd all my own body work. Took less than a year before it all looked like shit again. Most of it sucked day after paint.

Comment

Working...
        X