Centre caps for open lug Alpina's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Centre caps for open lug Alpina's

I have a set of 15 inch open lug Alpina reps, made by OZ, I'm trying to find the hub covers to fit this wheel. I bought a set from the fleabay as close to the hub opening size as possible. The set I purchased had an outer diameter of 2.1 inches, and it is slightly too large, pretty sure they won't stay in. Can anyone direct me to the correct fitting hub caps for these wheels? Thanx...

Impossible to find! Give up hope! Sell me the wheels!
    (sorry I'm no help)

Comment

Baaaaaahahahahahahaha!!!!..... Thanx anyway.

Comment

Are you talking about the little center cap?

Click image for larger version

Name:	$_57-4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	7177159

Or the smooth cover like this style?

Name:	w A 7x16 Alpina.jpg
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	7177160

I love the black open lug originals. I just found a set of the OZ / King reps in Germany - fingers crossed. I'll have to re-paint the black centers. I think they have BMW roundel center caps on them.

Comment

The first one, the little center cap. I have the OZ wheels, it has the raised round center where the cap snaps into from the outside... I have another set coming from fleabay, but not completely sure if they will fit or not...

Comment

Did you find something that works?

I just got a set of OZ reps from Germany. There's a raised ring in the hub, about 11mm high. The inside diameter looks like 52-53mm.

Mine came with caps that sit just slightly down inside that raised hub, and pop in from the back of the wheel.

It kind of looks like that black Alpina cap I posted above sits up on top of the raised hub, doesn't it? I've never seen one in person.

Here's mine…(they're dated 1986)..

Name:	DSC09504.jpg
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	7177556

Name:	DSC09506.jpg
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	7177557

Comment

Still waiting for the set from China to arrive, should be soon...
              Your cap looks like they work just fine! I've never seen the actual caps they came with originally, but I suspect they would be very close to what you have there. There is a site called EuroMetric, they did a group buy a few years ago on some that they fabricated based on the original cap, looks a lot like the cap you have. Unfortunately, they are not making them anymore...

Comment

The roundel part is just a domed disk that sits slightly recessed in the black plastic. One of them is loose. I wonder if I could swap them to another emblem the same diameter.

Comment

Second set of fleabay caps received, fail... Still looking for caps that will fit!

Comment

Bumping. Still searching for these hub caps, any info on finding a set, or something else that will work would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Bump as well. I'm currently in search of a set as well... will post up a source if I find one...

Comment

Folks, some drunken googling led me to this thread. In the interests of full disclosure, I am not now, nor have I ever been, an E30 owner. I was, however, an E9 owner but recently sold my car. And yes, the car had a full sweeeeeeeeet set of staggered (16x7 front & 16x8 rear) open lug real-deal Alpina wheels. So I therefore don't need my set of spare Alpina center caps.

I am therefore selling a set of THREE (3) actual Alpina Center Caps.

These are GENUINE Alpina, sourced years ago from Alpina, not knock-offs.

PROBLEM: I only have 3 of them (I had to break up the set of spares to have a full set of four center caps for the Alpina wheels on the car that I sold).

Here's the linkadee to my eBay auction:

If the price seems high, I don't blame you. I had a full head of hair before I got the car collecting bug & saw the crazy prices for parts.

And if you're on a budget & don't care about real vs. knock-off, I can point y'all to a source for repro Alpina Center caps (and no, it's not me). Just PM me if you're interested in the knock-offs. The biggest difference between the genuine ones that I have and the knock-offs is that the real ones have a convex "lens" style center logo. The knock-offs, however, have a flat sticker. Plus, y'know, they're knock-offs, so you have to suffer the eternal shame and depression that comes with having fake parts on your E30. But then, who am I to judge? I, sadly, no longer even own a BMW. :(

Thanks for indulging an interloper from the E9 world,

Adam
                        Last edited by formerE9coupester; 07-29-2016, 01:37 AM. Reason: sweet with lots of eeeees

Comment

Price reduced. Also open to reasonable offers. Just let me know your handle on here if you contact me via eBay. Prices reduced across the board. Also open to reasonable offers from E3'ers. Just let me know your handle on here if you contact me via eBay.
                          Last edited by formerE9coupester; 08-05-2016, 03:30 PM. Reason: changed E9 to E3... duh

Comment

Price further reduced. Also open to reasonable offers. Just let me know your r3vlimited.com handle if you contact me via eBay.

Comment

Price reduced yet again (I'm moving soon, so I'm dumping off all my spare parts at fire sale prices). Also open to reasonable offers below the already reduced asking price. Just let me know your r3vlimited.com handle if you contact me via eBay.

Comment

Working...
                              X