Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up a set of RKs for my eta that are covered in caked on brake dust.
    I've tried to scrub them twice now and for the most part they look clean but there are still a few spots that need work. No pitting or damage to the finish just some build up that needs to go.

What is the best solution to clean them without destroying the finish?

Comment

Just put some RC090 on my car.

thirdlobe 318is build thread

BMWant.com

Comment

^ Nice, but come on, we need more pics!

Model: RS 189
        Height/Width/Offset: 15/7.5/ET 38
        Purchased from: local find and by local I mean Costa Rica, Central America
        Plans: for my E30, currently finishing a budget M20B27 stroker. Front ones would have 1.5 inch lip, rear ones 2 inch lip, I do not want to go too wide and also I want to keep 205 tires on all corners, car is a daily driver.
        Refurbishment/Polishing Methods: Bought the caps from a BBS authorized dealer: B&B Tuning in Miami. Painted the centers on a local shop. Bought the lips already polished on ebay (unfortunately I did not check that the valve hole is not aligned with the screw hole as in the OEM lips.) My dad and I re-assembled them following various DIY guides.

Before: https://public.sn2.livefilestore.com...rdrts=35867401

After:

Last edited by cyrmanj; 02-25-2013, 06:37 AM.
        e30 diamantschwarz 325i
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyrmanj/

Comment

Wow
          sigpic

Comment

Racing GT 2:

sigpic

Comment

Sorry for all the pics.

18x9 et -4 / 18x10 et 0

Custom Slant lips

Comment

Originally posted by formula driver View Post
                Sorry for all the pics.

18x9 et -4 / 18x10 et 0

Custom Slant lips

How wide is the lips? Looks great!
                sigpic

Comment

Can someone enlighten me about something? I have not much of a clue when it comes to rims. I was just looking into some BBS RM, but I want my wheels to look like this:

and not this (no offense intended)

The difference being the tire being much more visible outside the rim itself, on the second pic. Not a fan of it.
                  Does this depend on the lip of the rim or the tire itself? I have 205/55/r15 tires.
                  1984 bronzit 323i // Euro & M-tech 1.

Comment

RM is 15"x6.5" and the pictures shown here are for 17" and perhaps 18" rims. Start with an RM barel/center, and swap the outer lip with a 2" or even 3" lip made for any 15" BBS RS. That's how most of the modified RMs are done.
                    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Alright thanks mate.
                      1984 bronzit 323i // Euro & M-tech 1.

Comment

Hey guys picked up a set of RS 003 16x7 +25 with 1" lips and I have a few questions.

- They're 4x100 30 hole centers. I'm thinking about picking up 2 or 2.5" lips in the rear to make the wheel 16x8 or 8.5 . I do wan't it too look flush-ish with the outside of the fender. (not hella flush low or anything)

-Whats the widest tires can we run with these? Car is also s50 swapped so I'm not looking for stretch or poke, but more traction while looking somewhat decent.

-Tires i'm considering are bfg g force sport comp. Sizes They Make

-Suspension =
                        BC Coilovers with swift springs and 10k front 12k rear rates.
                        Car = 86 325es
                        Also, I have no problem rolling/ slightly pulling the fenders.

-What size spacers would you run in the front? E36 rack on e30 suspension . Only trying to fit a 205 or 195 on the 7" wheel in the front.

-Also, i'm in need of one half height center cap if someone has a spare sitting around I could really use it!

Thanks

s50 86 325e Project

S50 - BBS - Recaro - BC Coilovers - Morimoto H1 Retrofit

Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by yahh View Post
                          Hey guys picked up a set of RS 003 16x7 +25 with 1" lips and I have a few questions.

- They're 4x100 30 hole centers. I'm thinking about picking up 2 or 2.5" lips in the rear to make the wheel 16x8 or 8.5 . I do wan't it too look flush-ish with the outside of the fender. (not hella flush low or anything)

-Whats the widest tires can we run with these? Car is also s50 swapped so I'm not looking for stretch or poke, but more traction while looking somewhat decent.

-Tires i'm considering are bfg g force sport comp. Sizes They Make

-Suspension =
                          BC Coilovers with swift springs and 10k front 12k rear rates.
                          Car = 86 325es
                          Also, I have no problem rolling/ slightly pulling the fenders.

-What size spacers would you run in the front? E36 rack on e30 suspension . Only trying to fit a 205 or 195 on the 7" wheel in the front.

-Also, i'm in need of one half height center cap if someone has a spare sitting around I could really use it!

Thanks
                          If you don't want stretch you don't want to make them much wider. My 003's are 8.5 and 9. I have to stretch them to get under the fender.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Looking for a San Diego wheels builder.
                            Any suggestions?
                            I'm cooler in person.

Comment

Originally posted by psigti View Post
                              If you don't want stretch you don't want to make them much wider. My 003's are 8.5 and 9. I have to stretch them to get under the fender.

I don't mind a little stretch. I'm thinking of running 8 or 8.5 in the rear. How much tire can I fit under there? I want a semi-sticky tire.

s50 86 325e Project

S50 - BBS - Recaro - BC Coilovers - Morimoto H1 Retrofit

Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by yahh View Post
                                I don't mind a little stretch. I'm thinking of running 8 or 8.5 in the rear. How much tire can I fit under there? I want a semi-sticky tire.
                                I'm running 205 40's I'm sure you could go wider and taller.

Comment

Working...
                                X