6spd trans brace and motor arm fabrication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6spd trans brace and motor arm fabrication

I've discovered that my buddy has a CnC machine at his house and I, as with many, have an issue with sourcing reasonably priced engine arms and fabbing six speed trans braces. Does anyone have dimensions for either of these? I can probably comp an extra set to whoever can provide me with what we need.
    1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
    1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
    1974 2002tii / stock
    2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

or does anyone have mounts that they haven't installed yet? i can pay shipping both ways to borrow them for a week to replicate them. or if there's enough interest i can buy a set and have some CnC'd.
    1974 2002tii / stock
    2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

For many, either simply buying e30.de mount brackets for 300 shipped or setting the engine in position and fabbing your own mounts from steel, I feel that it's pretty cheap as it already is.

If you have access to a CBC machine, I say go for it and do it. You'll need to get the dimensions by setting the motor in the desired position and simply measuring. At that point you might as well fab them yourself.
      Recent Rebranding!!
      Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
      E30 SM62/S62
      E30 M60 V8
      E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
      Instagram.com/garageaholic
      Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
        or does anyone have mounts that they haven't installed yet? i can pay shipping both ways to borrow them for a week to replicate them. or if there's enough interest i can buy a set and have some CnC'd.
        I loaned mine to Jean and he used them to fab his own set. He was supposed to get a duplicate set to me for letting him use mine, so ask him if he has them and could get you the measurements, or if he has any dimensions, etc. He may...

Garey

BTW Jean, where is that set?:D

Comment

i think i'm going to be too spatially constricted to have the motor in limbo in my garage while fabbing arms. it'd be amazing if i could borrow a set for even just a week!
          1974 2002tii / stock
          2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by FrankM E30 View Post
            For many, either simply buying e30.de mount brackets for 300 shipped or setting the engine in position and fabbing your own mounts from steel, I feel that it's pretty cheap as it already is.

If you have access to a CBC machine, I say go for it and do it. You'll need to get the dimensions by setting the motor in the desired position and simply measuring. At that point you might as well fab them yourself.
            You have to use subframe spacers with 300mm mounts, you have to fab your own if you notch the oil pan to get no drive train angle.
            Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

Working...
            X