Another new guy to R3V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another new guy to R3V

I get that and I remember getting shitted on as a noob when i joined. This is way different than what the noobs got back then. This is an obvious joke, I wouldn't compare it to harassing.

Anyone joining this forum knows that there are great discussions happening before they make their intro post.

This forum won't collapse because of this.. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MrBurgundy; 03-29-2017, 10:46 PM.
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
      I get that, but I used to be on a forum that didn't really believe in moderation, and for the most part it was fine, but there were a few who probably should have been banned a long time ago that effectively ran off 90% of new members. Seriously, two or three guys who did nothing but shitpost and harass new members by being creepy as fuck. Eventually there were no new members. And that forum is no longer around.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but these days if I'm new to a forum, and there's no sign of intelligent discussion to be found, I'm out. Think Honda forums.
      What will kill this forum is an all work, no play stance. We all need to lower our expectations. If a noob gets slammed once in a while it's NBD and fun. It would be a stretch to say that there's no intelligent conversation, but we do have P&R. So, if we poke someone once in a while there's no need to rake us over the coals. (this paragraph is designed to attract sideways hat bros so we may flame them)

Anyway, r3v is still a pretty good source of information, and really only takes the salty attitude to noobs/stupid questions to weed out the quality contributors from the shitposters. (too bad it missed me)

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
        What will kill this forum is an all work, no play stance. We all need to lower our expectations. If a noob gets slammed once in a while it's NBD and fun. It would be a stretch to say that there's no intelligent conversation, but we do have P&R.
        Yeah, r3v is still a good forum, obviously. I'm just sayin I saw the start of a trend (not just in this thread) that I recognized, and I didn't care for it. Probably overracted a tad. Oh well.

Comment

Egh, I was probably one of the most harassed noobs on R3v there ever was, way back in the day.

And over a decade later, I still visit this site often. It's more about who you are, and being able to roll with the punches.

There's definitely a line to avoid crossing, and we haven't approached it yet.
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I'll take the blame for the recent GF pics requests but in the other thread the guy took it in stride, we made our jokes and once he started posting pics of his previous cars the commentary changed.

The ones we should be a little more careful with is when we actually get a female member who joins, she needs to watch out lol
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              I'll take the blame for the recent GF pics requests but in the other thread the guy took it in stride, we made our jokes and once he started posting pics of his previous cars the commentary changed.

The ones we should be a little more careful with is when we actually get a female member who joins, she needs to watch out lol

Female r3v members have never lasted more then a month. The last one actually posted pics before she bailed so that was nice.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Simon, there is no need to take blame for anything. I am sure OP knows this is just harmless fun!! He even acknowledged that he will get ridiculed for the username he chose. That has already been forgotten.
                1990 325i
                2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                sigpic

Comment

With regards to female members, (Assuming she don't say that she is a female.), asking for pics of spouse, We better watch out!

Unlesss.. mmm
                  1990 325i
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                    Female r3v members have never lasted more then a month. The last one actually posted pics before she bailed so that was nice.
                    Any Links?
                    1990 325i
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IceWhite View Post
                      Any Links?

No sorry. I think though she was that stitched dudes girl friend cause she used to sell his wheels then she disappeared and he started selling them.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

There's at least one more female poster who pops up on PNW from time to time. She seems like she's got a decent sense of humor.

Though, I don't get the whole introduction thread starting. We can tell you're new meat just because your post count is < 10 and your Join Date. It always seemed to me like the kind of person who walks in to a room shouting "hey guys, I here now, let the party begin!" I usually prefer to just find the forum with the pertinent info I need and weasel my way in to the conversation.

It's not like it's AA, you don't really have to introduce yourself and state why you are joining. More like a naked pool party, just kick your habitations to the curb, strip your clothes off and jump in...
                        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                        2016 Ford Flex
                        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                          It's not like it's AA, you don't really have to introduce yourself and state why you are joining.
                          This needs to be part of the rules.

We know why you're here, you like E30s, and so does everyone else here, except for the bots.

Comment

I like introduction threads. People are excited about their new cars and want to share that excitement with others! Y'all a bunch of curmudgeons.
                            Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Working...
                            X