Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is posting a question such a big deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I HATE seeing the same question over and over. What I even hate more are the stupid questions that you could honestly get from a simple Google search, and its usually the first result! Like if someone asks "Why does my temp needle bounce around" or "Why does my car have trouble starting in the mornings". Be smarter and search; "e30 cold start issues".

I have to say however, majority of these stupid questions appear on the Facebook page. I'm assuming OP is a FB R3V'r

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
    1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
    1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
    1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
    1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
    1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
    Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
    1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
    1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
      Quoting this for science.
      I myself am a fan of implicating the noob-o-meter and gold star management strategies.
      Last edited by Self Made; 02-15-2015, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Anyone else notice that all of us who have been here for years, sharing stories and knowledge all say that same thing?

You can't legislate knowledge, you can't expect the same newbs who won't read the stickies to search and no matter what you do, those same newbies will still post before searching.

Every time people decide in their own little heads that "R3V needs to change" it gets fucked up. One of the things that made this forum great was the freedom to address the newbs however we feel appropriate, and if you don't like it, hang around and make a few thousand posts and THEN see how you feel.

In other words, quit your whining, ya fucking newbs!

:)

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Is the old Luke coming back?

I liked the old Luke.
          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

what still gets me are posts about broken M20 timing belts. I mean, really? the motor has been around for like 30 years, and people still can't be bothered to replace $35 in parts every 50,000 miles?
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

BC people need to learn how to search & find things out for themselves /thread

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                what still gets me are posts about broken M20 timing belts. I mean, really? the motor has been around for like 30 years, and people still can't be bothered to replace $35 in parts every 50,000 miles?
                Should I replace the timing belt on my M20 when doing a water pump?
                OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
                  Should I replace the timing belt on my M20 when doing a water pump?
                  No. Do it the other way around and you'll never have a water pump go bad.

Comment

it is a known fact that m20 water pumps never go bad. ever.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                      it is a known fact that m20 water pumps never go bad. ever.
                      Neither do the timing belts. It's actually the M20 itself saying....go on...swap in something good.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                        In other words, quit your whining, ya fucking newbs!

:)

Luke
                        Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
                        BC people need to learn how to search & find things out for themselves /thread

I'm relatively new to R3V. I don't make great posts. The lack of mercy for those who make dumb ass post is why I stick around. It's not for everyone and there are plenty of other forums on the internet or there is the search option.

This is an auto enthusiast forum, particularly the E30. One would be dumb not to believe that topics like "the best suspension setup", "best spark plugs", "best tires", "more horsepower", "what model year this or that", and most any other e30 related issue has not been brought up. God dammit you can even find relationship vs. e30 advice. In case you don't want to search, fuck her, go with the e30.

Furthermore if the there is something wrong with your car it's probably the tps.

Comment

Wait whats a timing belt? Does it control my OBC clock? That hasn't been working lately.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

It's a two way street. Most of the time people are too lazy to google their question which makes them a fuckboi. However forum members often add unneeded remarks which makes them assholes and fuckbois. R3v will be r3v though.

Moral of this story, don't be a fuckboi.
                            ~Stay Thirsty~

Comment

Originally posted by rhE-30 View Post
                              God dammit you can even find relationship vs. e30 advice. In case you don't want to search, fuck her, go with the e30.
                              Pretty much sums it up

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

It often takes less time to just answer the question than to whine to a noob about how many times it's been asked and how you wish you didn't have to answer all these noobish questions. It takes even less time to just not click on the thread.
                                Originally posted by Andy.B
                                Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                                1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                                ~~~~~~~~~~
                                I was born on 3/25…
                                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X