Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I crashed my E30 and need help from knowledgeable people.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
    I think I'd try hammering it out from the inside before dealing with a dent puller. Seems like they always mess up your sheet metal with holes.
    Ah yeah forgot you have access to that corner from the trunk

Also on the driving thing, in KC they have an annual thing that the SCCA puts on where you basically put your car through different test to know how it will react under certain situations. Might want to see if there is anything like that around you. (Just saw your other post about your driving thing)
    89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
    I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

As far as your cluster goes, check your fuses. It may be as simple as a blown fuse. If you find one blown it is possible that something got pinched to ground somewhere in the accident.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeesh. Glad everyone is alright, it's just too bad another new driver bought a clean car.

See if BMWCCA is doing any Street Survival near you. I've heard that's a good program for new drivers.
        Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
          Yeesh. Glad everyone is alright, it's just too bad another new driver bought a clean car.

See if BMWCCA is doing any Street Survival near you. I've heard that's a good program for new drivers.
          My dad was very picky on the e30 that I got. No 325i's, couldn't be slammed, no performance modifications, so that basically crossed 95% of e30s out there off my list. I ended up with this one. Clean title 2 owners literally everything works. AC works literally everything no rust at all not even in battery tray, euro import, slick top. I do agree with you its a shame I wish I could have just got a 325 that someone else had already ruined.

Comment

Yeah that's the one I was trying to think of. Tire Rack does a Street Survival every year here in KC. I am sure there are some around you.
            89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
            I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Originally posted by J Mid View Post
              Well yea a few wires are completely unplugged so thats why I'm hoping its grounds and stuff. There are wires hanging under the car they aren't torn but unplugged.
              Many of the connectors on these cars don't just pull out: they screw on or clip in, and would be damaged by being ripped apart.

I ended up with this one. Clean title 2 owners literally everything worked.
              Fixed that for you.

My girl reminded me about your thread on bimmerforums.com, which I actually replied to:

Pity you didn't listen to my advice (and Nick's) and ended up damaging a nice car. :(

Comment

My dad was very picky on the e30 that I got. No 325i's, couldn't be slammed, no performance modifications, so that basically crossed 95% of e30s out there off my list. I ended up with this one. Clean title 2 owners literally everything works. AC works literally everything no rust at all not even in battery tray, euro import, slick top. I do agree with you its a shame I wish I could have just got a 325 that someone else had already ruined.
                Yeah, water under the bridge now. Hopefully you've been able to learn from the situation and improve moving forward. I think it's safe to attribute almost all teenage car accidents to some combination of lack of attention, lack of experience, and surplus of confidence, so if you can keep tabs on those factors you should be just fine.

FYI I'm not much older than you are, so I'm not just an old dude in "those damn kids" mode :D
                Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
                  My girl reminded me about your thread on bimmerforums.com
                  I wonder if henrykmusical crashed his car yet, haha.

Comment

I took one of those to it was called B.R.A.K.E.S and was instructed by a bunch of ex race car drivers. The most fun I had in that class was talking to them about cars. One of them actually raced e30's and had 3 of them. Anyways we did a whole bunch of stuff like skid control (they wrapped plastic around the back tires of Kias i guess similar to what people do with trays and let us drive corners like that.) We did reaction lane changing and a whole bunch of stuff. I really do want to be a good driver and not an idiot. My dream is to get an e90 335i senior year, but this is obviously a huge set back.
                    Clean e90s are a dime a dozen. Clean like yours are getting harder and harder to find and turn heads. My e90 is a great roadtrip car and fun in the "wow this is an amazing car" way, but around town my e30 is far more enjoyable to drive. Anyways, just my 2 cents on your dream :p

Have you quoted out the potential insurance increase reporting this accident? Between all the little dents and dings on your car, and the $2k or whatever on the other persons, maybe you would be better off just making a comprehensive claim and having them take care of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
                      Many of the connectors on these cars don't just pull out: they screw on or clip in, and would be damaged by being ripped apart.

Fixed that for you.

My girl reminded me about your thread on bimmerforums.com, which I actually replied to:

[/URL]
                      Pity you didn't listen to my advice (and Nick's) and ended up damaging a nice car. :(
                      Yes, I have learned a valuable lesson. I honestly felt like I was a great driver and invincible out on the roads. Both of those statements are obviously untrue. But the e30 has been great and reliable for me and I am very glad I got it.

Comment

Originally posted by thefrog1394 View Post
                        Clean e90s are a dime a dozen. Clean like yours are getting harder and harder to find and turn heads. My e90 is a great roadtrip car and fun in the "wow this is an amazing car" way, but around town my e30 is far more enjoyable to drive. Anyways, just my 2 cents on your dream :p

Have you quoted out the potential insurance increase reporting this accident? Between all the little dents and dings on your car, and the $2k or whatever on the other persons, maybe you would be better off just making a comprehensive claim and having them take care of it.
                        My car only has liability they would not cover the damage. I love my e30 for everything it is, but i hate seeing the look on those mustang driver kids faces when they say their car is faster than mine. Oh how i hate the mustang kids.

Comment

Originally posted by thefrog1394 View Post

You have to be really careful with E30s, it's not hard to total one.

Comment

Yes, I have learned a valuable lesson. I honestly felt like I was a great driver and invincible out on the roads. Both of those statements are obviously untrue. But the e30 has been great and reliable for me and I am very glad I got it.
                            If you fix it well and hang on to it you'll have a car worth more than an E90 in a few years.

Comment

My car only has liability they would not cover the damage. I love my e30 for everything it is, but i hate seeing the look on those mustang driver kids faces when they say their car is faster than mine. Oh how i hate the mustang kids.
                              Here's a tip that most likely will only make sense in the future: Who in the actual hell cares? They--and you, and again this isn't a personal attack--have no experience and no driving ability in a performance context. Let them think their tiny penises have been compensated for, and go along your way.

Comment

Yeah, water under the bridge now. Hopefully you've been able to learn from the situation and improve moving forward. I think it's safe to attribute almost all teenage car accidents to some combination of lack of attention, lack of experience, and surplus of confidence, so if you can keep tabs on those factors you should be just fine.

FYI I'm not much older than you are, so I'm not just an old dude in "those damn kids" mode :D
                                Yes, if you asked me 3 days ago I would have claimed I am just as good of a driver as anyone on the roads. Oh what an idiot I was. Oh what an idiot I still am.

Comment

Working...
                                X