FS: 1990 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1990 325is

I am open to selling my E30. I am not sure if anyone would be interested. I have done a ton of work over the years on this car, but after I graduated college it's barely been driven in the past 5 or so years. It always runs great it just doesn't look 100% anymore. It would be good for someone that wants a good head start on mechanicals and aftermarket parts but can overlook the cosmetics and oil leaks. Remember: you are looking at a car that has been sitting outside for about 5 years with only light driving every couple of months.

Overview:
    1990 325is black on black
    5-speed
    18X,XXX miles

Interior:
    Recaro Speed black cloth drivers seat (red letters) on Massive mounts/oem slider with OEM sport seat passenger with good old hard leather
    Cracked dash
    Cracked windshield
    M-tech I wheel and round leather shift knob
    Missing glove box
    Replaced check panel with black panel
    Circa 2000's Kenwood radio with USB connection and it is wired for a subwoofer/amp

Exterior:
    Original paint so it looks rough. Small hail damage on the hood. Rock chips on the front. Opti coated about 5 years ago so it might polish up pretty again. No rust. Small dent on the passenger fender.
    M-tech I E30 spoiler
    MHW smoked tail lights (open to selling with the car for the right price)
    Ti rear fixed stubby anttena
    Light window tint
    US Ellipsoid headlights with Depo HIDs (I have OEM Euro Hella frenchies too I am open to including for the right price)
    Euro grill / Euro bumper trim

Mechanicals:
    M20 with MarkD 93 chip, 17.5 lb injectors that were cleaned and rebuilt by WitchHunter Performance, M30 AFM mated to OEM M20 airbox/filter
    4:10 rear LSD with new bushing and seals
    Billy HD (could be OG Dinan due to history of car and P/N not matching with HD or sports)
    H&R sport springs
    M3 offset CA bushings
    Replaced tie rods, control arms, front shock bushings with new OE
    Front right wheel bearing replaced
    Front cab sway bar with rear M3 bar and new bushings / links
    New shifter bushings
    Clutch stop
    M3 power steering rack (need to fill the gap in firewall so its a bit noisy)
    Air conditioning is removed because it didn't work
    Rear trunk tar removed
    Timing belt / water pump done around 170k, but 5 years ago. I replaced a ton of components while doing this such as belts, hoses, etc.
    Spark plugs recently changed
    Porterfield R4-s pads with Brembo blank rotors
    SS (Teflon coated) brake lines all around
    Refreshed parking brake a few months ago
    D-force LTW5 15x7 13lbs bronze wheels (I'm keeping the Hartge wheels) currently with snow tires but I can swap tires from the Hartge's if needed or mount some cheap tires to get you going.

The bad:
    Besides exterior cosmetics listed above, this is what I would recommend before daily driving it
    Needs valve adjustment (I should have a spare VC gasket on hand)
    Oil pan and transmission leaks - The bottom of the car is covered. It's not enough to need to fill regularly, but it is significant when working on the car and will drip on the ground. I usually top off the transmission every oil change or two and it'll take maybe one pump. Oil doesn't leak enough to need to top off.
    Transmission is a bit notchy. I honestly don't know if this is normal or me just being more used to newer cars. It's much improved when I did the bushings.
    I never got to the rear suspension bushings so I recommend replacing the trailing arm and subframe bushings eventually
    CEL comes on with the 93 chip / injectors when coasting for a period of time - this goes away immediately once you hit the gas.
    Exhaust is getting a hole in it so its too loud and it rattles at certain RPMs.

I don't intend to list this on CL because it pains me to sell it, but I just don't use it and want to make room for something more sporty. I would like to see it go to someone who cares about BMWs.

E30 prices seem to be all over the map still. The advantage of buying this car is you have a great head start on the parts refresh. I will be upfront that I haven't payed attention like I used to with E30 prices. I would let this go for $4,000 with the D-force wheels, US head lights, and stock tail lights. Hartge wheels aren't for sale. Please feel free to tell me if you think my price it too high - I trust you guys.

These images are old and show it's glory days. It will need a solid polishing and wax to bring it back. Imagine this car, but sitting outside for 5 years :)

These are current pictures. I didn't wash the car so there's a good layer of dirt on there! Rotors are just surface rust and run off in a few miles, that happens every time a few weeks after parking it after a drive!

Last edited by blefevre; 08-07-2016, 04:42 PM.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
    These images are old and show it's glory days. It will need a solid polishing and wax to bring it back. Imagine this car, but sitting outside for 5 years :)
    Please post recent pictures of the car. Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Depending on how much rust the car has, looks like a pretty good deal for a late model. GLWS!
      My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
        Please post recent pictures of the car. Thanks in advance.
        Current pictures added.

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
        Depending on how much rust the car has, looks like a pretty good deal for a late model. GLWS!
        There's no body or structure rust except the old aftermarket muffler. It was originally a California car before going to Colorado.

Comment

Sent you a PM, interested. Give me a ring - 7/355-5768.

Ian

Comment

Wow! I'm jealous, glws!
            Build Thread
            https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
            Parts Thread
            https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

Sorry to hear you're selling it. Hope it goes to a good home!
              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                Sorry to hear you're selling it. Hope it goes to a good home!
                Car has sold. Don't worry, it went to a good place

Comment

That was quick!
                  http://www.Drive4Corners.com

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                    Car has sold. Don't worry, it went to a good place
                    Roland?
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Its in good company over here:

Comment

Also looking for a bunch of parts. PM me if you have:

15" euroweaves
                        Crack free dash
                        Glove box
                        Black leather sport seat

Comment

Working...
                        X