We Found One! Is it Worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We Found One! Is it Worth it?

Alright, here is an update from my previous post regarding finding an E30 for my girlfriend. I believe we may have found the perfect one! However, her family does not think a nearly 30 year old car is worth the price this one is asking for. Here is the link:

From what I can see, it is a mint condition example. It has 225,000 miles, is finished in the ORIGINAL Alpine White paint, engine and interior. It also looks like the paperwork is dated from 91 to the present day. We were thinking of bringing the price down to $5500 from $6000..I was wondering if some opinions could get shot out? We really like the look of the car. Thank you for the help! Hopefully we can be "that E30 couple"! ;)

$2500-$3000 max.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
      $2500-$3000 max.
      In reality; the E30 tax is insane. Paid $2K for mine & now looking at paying $4K for a similar car. It's well sorted which is a plus, but a car is worth only what someone is willing to pay for.

Good Luck & why isn't your GF getting like a Mazda 3 ?
      Originally posted by James Crivellone
      1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

I seem to remember what you paid for your 4D. ;)

$6k for a 225k mile 16 valve car is batshit nutz IMO.

Comment

I think 4.5k would be the most that car should go for. As clean as it looks 6k is in the range for a stock, low mileage, unmolested e30
          Originally posted by blunttech
          r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

3000-4000

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

That's a $4k car in today's market. Someone will probably give him close to $6k though.
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Remember that paint sells cars, not everyone is ok with trashed paint cars with thrashed interiors. Thats why the price on this car is so high, it has great paint.

Paint aint cheap.

You should always barter though, I think you could easily get him down to 5k just by pointing out a couple of the issues its bound to have (bushings, burns oil no doubt, maybe a few burnt bulbs), the list can go on.
                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

Pics are deceiving. Never know til you go to see it in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                    Pics are deceiving. Never know til you go to see it in person.
                    Very true, hopefully its better then pictures haha.
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

Wasn't this someone's car on here? one of the tacoma guys?

Comment

That's a $4k car in today's market. Someone will probably give him close to $6k though.
                        Then it would be a nearly $6000 car, right?
                        Originally posted by Andy.B
                        Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                        1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                        ~~~~~~~~~~
                        I was born on 3/25…
                        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I suppose. I guess what I meant is that to 90% of people, it's worth $4k, but some stupid kid with their parents' money would probably buy it for $6k, just because it's a white late model.

Comment

This. Looks like a really clean car, better than most I saw at the picnic.

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies everybody! It helps a lot. The price on the E30 has seriously skyrocketed in the past few years, to the point where good ones are actually hard to get your hands on. I am gonna try and convince the owner to lower the price of the car, but who knows what will happen - he will probably come back and say it's a rare example with everything original. What cracks me up is that the listing has been on for a month, so I'm guessing most people think he is crazy (haha). Hopefully he can budge a little.

Comment

Working...
                              X