Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, women can drive?

Comment

I don't think anyone should be bashing a girls capability to drive, or own an E30. A remark like that also goes against my girlfriend, which I don't actually find funny. The fact is, she loves cars and has grown to love the E30 after being with me and mine for such a long time, and she finally wants one. She knows how to drive a 5-speed, because I taught her how - she learned very quickly, and can now start on hills in downtown Seattle (WITHOUT sweating and becoming scared). She even goes to the junkyard with me to help find parts for my car, then we fix it together and detail it right after. So how about the people that think girls can't own or drive an awesome car, get out of the thread. Thanks.

Comment

And...boom goes the dynamite!
        I'm sure any derogatory(ish) comments were 'tongue in cheek'. Most of the guys on this forum would be shickeled tit-less if their GF wanted and loved an e30.
        Originally posted by Andy.B
        Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
        1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
        ~~~~~~~~~~
        I was born on 3/25…
        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Mine does. It's pretty rad.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I was responding more or less to the guy that said there is a certain reason a girl cannot have an E30. But whatever.

Anyways, the guy does not really want to budge; it also seems that he is getting an offer for $6000 right now, so we are giving up on that one. We might just look for another white one that isn't mint, but look to fixing it for a decent price. We found this one for sale at $1600, looks to be quite a steal if there is really nothing wrong with it except the electrical stuff. Here is the link:

Thoughts?

Comment

Yeah, I always leave people my number when when they tell me they have a solid offer...offers aren't cash in hand. That other one looks promising. Maybe you can get him down to $1200? Guessing that's his walk-away.
              sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

$4-4.5k is fair
                sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                1991 318is - Sold
                1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                  I suppose. I guess what I meant is that to 90% of people, it's worth $4k, but some stupid kid with their parents' money would probably buy it for $6k, just because it's a white late model.
                  Don't kid yourself, 90% of people wouldn't even pay $100 for it ;-)

A seller should always try and sell an item for the most money possible. If you only have one item to sell, ideally you'd price it for the person willing to pay the most. There is no reason to price it below what 10% of the buyers would pay, unless you need to sell it before one of those top payers bump into your listing.
                  -------------------------------------------------
                  1989 - E30 - M20B25 - Manual. Approx 300,000+ miles - Track Rat & Weekend Fun
                  2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approx 130,000 miles - [not so] Daily Driver

sigpic

I'm looking for a Lachssilber Passenger Fender and Hood. PM if you have one or both to sell!

Comment

Like it or not, the price is rising. I'm betting if it's listed for 6k, the seller will get 5.5 or so.

What else can you buy for 5500 bucks that you actually want to drive?

Comment

We Found One! Is it Worth it?

Unfortunately...
                      This is supply and demand at its finest. Growing demand and shrinking supply leading to a higher price point for new enthusiasts entering the market.

Originally posted by mulletman View Post
                      What else can you buy for 5500 bucks that you actually want to drive?
                      I tell this to people who ask me about my vehicular choices almost daily

Most of them, well.. All of them have never owned a "future classic" to realize the investment it is. In 15 years, an e30 might as well be worth it's weight in gold

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                        Unfortunately...
                        This is supply and demand at its finest. Growing demand and shrinking supply leading to a higher price point for new enthusiasts entering the market.

I tell this to people who ask me about my vehicular choices almost daily

Most of them, well.. All of them have never owned a "future classic" to realize the investment it is. In 15 years, an e30 might as well be worth it's weight in gold
                        This x1000, everyone goes, your car isnt really worth anything though is it? usually after saying it looks great and im like, uhh no, E30 tax be insane.

At this rate of kids wrecking them and murdering them out a clean stock 325i will be $15-25k in a few years lol.
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

^Yeah, I like that. I'm glad they are worth more, but sad that I can't really buy them for nothing anymore. Good thing there's a r3v.
                          Originally posted by Andy.B
                          Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                          1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                          ~~~~~~~~~~
                          I was born on 3/25…
                          ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                          X