Marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How old is this thread?

When I lived in CA a lot of my friends got medical cards when the laws changed. This meant buying weed was no longer sketch and it was much easier to get quality stuff for good prices. My gf at the time grew so I never needed to buy it. But having a card makes it less of a hassle if you ever get pulled over.

However, it did take the "cool" factor out of picking up weed from your weird ass dealer with 10 pit bulls on a Friday night and opening up the bag with all your friends. Suddenly it seemed like everyone smoked weed, it was not as "special" as it was before.

Either way I don't smoke anymore. Something about staying clean for a real job sometime in the future. But also because it's expensive.

Dozy, if you're going to grow, it really doesn't take much. The most expensive part is going to be your electric rates so you want to get the most efficient lights possible. When I got out of it most people were still using metal halide lights but LED were coming on the market strong. After lighting, you'll want to make sure you have the right nutrients for each stage of the plant's life. Lots of people I knew had indoor hydroponic setups.. they're pretty cool. Also don't forget about bugs! There's all kinds of places on the web you can learn about growing weed and other plants as well.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

If your going to use cfl bulbs make sure your looking at the actual wattage not equivalent. You need a true 100 watt cfl. You figure every plant needs 10,000 lumens of light. Once they break surface of your medium(dirt) you put them under a bulb 6-8 inches above the plant and put it on an 18-6 light cycle and once she is bug enough flip her to a 12-12 and watch the beautiful buds bloom.

Its not legal here so dont listen to any of that

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

You really don't want CFL anymore. You can get good household LEDs in 5000k daylight color which last longer, are more efficient, and have a better CRI (color rendering index) figure (this means they produce a truer light). But you really want an LED kit made for growing. Mari jane likes a blue frequency and an orange frequency (the same as in our dash boards, actually), which are hard to replicate with just one light. This is why you see people using metal halides along with high pressure sodium bulbs. But really LED is the way you want to go. Just be sure it's made for a growing application and make sure you do your research! You save money in the long run by buying the best setup the first time

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

all this is true^ cfls will do it but its really not worth it LEDs all the way

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              Pretty sure Vancouver, Wa is the meth lab capital of the state.. We haven't had problems here.

I'm in Kalama, 2000+ people. It has been nothing but problems. Lots of the pot stores around, have been held up numerous times. Just like in PDX. Every few weeks a pot store gets knocked over by a couple of stick up boys

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Matt-B blaming pot for his town being a ghetto lmao.

Its not like pot suddenly caused these problems when it became legal, its because you live in a ghetto with a bunch of losers and now you want a scape goat for all the problems.
                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

Wow this thread goes back to 2009 fellas! We're getting there!

Interesting that growing is going to LEDs. When I dabbled, it was only the cfls back in the day, and since the energy rates were ridiculous where I lived, it was barely worth it. Thanks for the input, that's something I'm going to have to have a serious discussion with that 'friend' of mine ;) !!

Happy relaxation day y'all!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                    I'm in Kalama, 2000+ people. It has been nothing but problems. Lots of the pot stores around, have been held up numerous times. Just like in PDX. Every few weeks a pot store gets knocked over by a couple of stick up boys
                    Criminals gonna do crime no matter what. Look on the bright side, at least this keeps them away from the good stores that you go to.
                    sigpic
                    1991 318is x 2 .

Comment

Working...
                    X