No announcement yet.

Canada promises to bring in 25,000 Syrian refugees by Dec. 31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well maybe you guys shouldnt have stuck with a PM who cared fuck all about his country for so long?

To be fair I wish NDP won instead of liberal party. But this vote was won by young adults in my opinion, normally non voters.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

^
      Huh where have I seen that before
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Canada promises to bring in 25,000 Syrian refugees by Dec. 31

People gotta think. Land of the free or Land of the dead pick your poison cause you cant have them all. You let all the refugees in you run the risk of one slipping through the cracks. Its a no brainer if i was in charge id have borders in new York shut down no New immigrants until isis is taken out.

I seen an article from 2003 that called all of this. Said in 10-15 years all the war torn orphans would be out for revenge on america. Spot on if you ask me.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

We should have listened George Washington

Washington makes an extended reference to the dangers of foreign nations who will seek to influence the American people and government. He makes a point to say that he believes both nations who may be considered friendly as well as nations considered enemies will try to influence the government to do their will and it will only be "real patriots" who ignore popular opinion and resist the influence of friendly nations to seek what is best for their own country.

"Washington goes on to urge the American people to take advantage of their isolated position in the world, and avoid attachments and entanglements in foreign affairs, especially those of Europe, which he argues have little or nothing to do with the interests of America. He argues that it makes no sense for the American people to wage war on European soil when their isolated position and unity will allow them to remain neutral and focus on their own affairs. As a result, Washington argues that the country should avoid permanent alliance with all foreign nations, although temporary alliances during times of extreme danger may be necessary, but does say that current treaties should be honored although not extended."

got the summary off the internet
          BMW tech
          Umass Amherst
          05 wrx sti

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
            Well maybe you guys shouldnt have stuck with a PM who cared fuck all about his country for so long?

To be fair I wish NDP won instead of liberal party. But this vote was won by young adults in my opinion, normally non voters.
            How does disagreeing with his policies translate to not caring about his country? Baseless accusations like this convince me to disregard the opinions of someone immediately.

Comment

I don't know, I feel like elected officials are supposed to represent their people, not just the part of their people they like.

I think most issues with officials comes from government design not proportionally representing its people though.

Doesnt help that the younger generation cant seem to be fucked to get out and vote.
              Last edited by Wschnitz; 11-17-2015, 10:26 PM.
              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by e30onBBSs View Post

Washington makes an extended reference to the dangers of foreign nations who will seek to influence the American people and government. He makes a point to say that he believes both nations who may be considered friendly as well as nations considered enemies will try to influence the government to do their will and it will only be "real patriots" who ignore popular opinion and resist the influence of friendly nations to seek what is best for their own country.

"Washington goes on to urge the American people to take advantage of their isolated position in the world, and avoid attachments and entanglements in foreign affairs, especially those of Europe, which he argues have little or nothing to do with the interests of America. He argues that it makes no sense for the American people to wage war on European soil when their isolated position and unity will allow them to remain neutral and focus on their own affairs. As a result, Washington argues that the country should avoid permanent alliance with all foreign nations, although temporary alliances during times of extreme danger may be necessary, but does say that current treaties should be honored although not extended."

they tried that then WW2 happened. Isolationism does not work in the modern global economy.

Comment

Originally posted by e30onBBSs View Post

I can appreciate your position, and even Washingtons POV, however it's been 225+years since his opinion has had any validity on current world events/stature.
                  Originally posted by flyboyx
                  i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

I'm moving back to the bush and taking my e30's with me.
                    sigpic
                    Rescued 1986 325e Coupe
                    1988 325ix Touring 5spd currently being rescued
                    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada :finger:

Comment

I came across this article on the globe and mail.

For Canada, immigration is a key to prosperity

Here are some key parts :

Why is this so important? Because without this immigration flow, Canada’s population aged between 20 and 44 years old would be declining.
                      It also states that :

The OECD finds that employment for foreign-born Canadian citizens has gone up since 2008, while it has stalled for native-born citizens
                      and

Quebec, given its demographic structure, especially needs immigration to increase its labour force in the short term so as to sustain the costs of its social programs.
                      finally

We also note that a large percentage of every province’s immigrants are in the 20-to-44 age group, meaning that the benefits of household formation are spread all across Canada. This helps explain why the housing market in Canada has been so resilient during the past five years.
                      Although that last part seems a bit bold, the article seems to hit some interesting points.
                      1989 325 iX // 2014 Fiesta ST

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
                        I can appreciate your position, and even Washingtons POV, however it's been 225+years since his opinion has had any validity on current world events/stature.
                        but we wouldn't be in the same shit if we listened. USA turned into the world police because we fuck shit up in war, but there is no need to be involved in most of this. For so long we've been about protecting our land, and even though most of the refugees if not all are fine, there is the risk which doesn't make any sense.
                        BMW tech
                        Umass Amherst
                        05 wrx sti

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                          says king of the educated buffoons himself, I dont ascribe to the sensitive feellers, mantra epitomized by the special snow flake generation I am supposedly part of. And didnt pay to undergo the same Social ideological training that the vast majority of my peers have........... So if your not down with and a part of the "approved" colletive, hive mind, group think and have a differing view point, you become and idiot these days it seems

Have a good day
                          You should stick to making youtube comments. The unintelligible gibberish you type up is perfect for it.

Comment

Its not my fault you dont read so well........ Are the words I used too big....
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Ok Sleeve I like having discussion with you but please use less periods. I beg you.
                              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                                Ok Sleeve I like having discussion with you but please use less periods. I beg you.
                                And more question marks...
                                Originally posted by Andy.B
                                Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                                1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                                ~~~~~~~~~~
                                I was born on 3/25…
                                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X