Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walmart feeling pitch from slow down in China?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nando View Post
    Maybe we could get some new, modern nuke plants going within the next 10 years too..
    I am a huge proponent of nuclear power. People are irrationally scared of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
      I am a huge proponent of nuclear power. People are irrationally scared of it.
      The plants are good but I understand why people are skeptical--just look at Hanford and how poorly our government handled the storage of wepons-grade nuclear waste (yucca mountain is another example too).

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
        The plants are good but I understand why people are skeptical--just look at Hanford and how poorly our government handled the storage of wepons-grade nuclear waste (yucca mountain is another example too).
        I'm not saying it's perfect. But I think that it's a much better solution than windmills.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
          a more modern plant should theoretically be much safer and produce far less waste than basically all of the ones we have now. Certainly, there are risks - but they are more controllable than spewing toxic chemicals into the air 24/7.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Propaganda from anti-nuclear people in the energy industry keeps hurting future plans of new plants. Nuclear has come so far since its infancy, its far more safe then most other forms of energy generation. It would be nice if we could pump a little more money into more testing and advancement of the technology.

As it is now current Gen3+ designs like SSTAR and the old af IFR produce a tiny fraction of waste compared to designs most people see.

If more research was put into Gen4/5 designs it might even get knocked down to a minuscule amount, for fission reactors anyway.

Fusion wise it seems like the community is getting pretty lucky with some advancements.
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

Working...
            X