No announcement yet.

orlando shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do private party sales from time to time. Trades, cash, whatever.

Most people I run across (myself included) require a valid ID and current Concealed carry permit. We refer to it as the "good guy ID". Along with that, a signed bill of sale is sometimes exchanged for both parties protection.

Sure, you get the strange ones that want to meet behind Walmart after dark, but it's as easy as cutting contact.

As mentioned above, most gun owners value their freedom. We don't just hand off our weapons to any random person.

Everyone wants to just shrug gun owners off as nutjobs. But, if a gun owner is irresponsible, then they won't be a gun owner for long.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
      As mentioned above, most gun owners value their freedom. We don't just hand off our weapons to any random person.
      This x100000

Seriously, try to actually get 99% of owners to do a private sale with you and you dont have an ID+CC they wont even meet.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

I was just wondering if anyone in here has any knowledge of, or has read The Management of Savagery: The Most Critical Stage Through Which the Ummah Will Pass?

It sounds like there is a lot of background that would make sense about all this and really relates to the Orlando/Pulse event very well.

Things like physical attacks in person in the enemy country specifically to counter the 'lazy' and 'dishonorable' methods of dropping ordinance instead of sending humans on the ground.

Things like creating savagery within Muslim countries and territories so the Regular Joe/Juzif is willing to accept the invaders and their implementation of Sharia Law to stem the violence. Making the outsiders think all Muslims are in on the plan.

The manifesto proposes that the jihadists exhaust an overstretched America through a patient war of attrition and a manipulation of the media to dismantle the superpower’s “aura of invincibility.” It demands that the enemy be made to “pay the price” for any and all attacks carried out against the jihadists, even if the retribution takes years, in order to instill in the enemy “a sense of hopelessness that will cause him to seek reconciliation.” No mercy must be shown: “Our enemies will not be merciful to us if they seize us. Thus, it behooves us to make them think one thousand times before attacking us.”
        This is the Mein Kamph of our generation, and it pains me to know our great grandparents didn't pay enough attention to that threat, and I think we are repeating history.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
          I'm not talking about gun shows, I'm talking about run of the mill private party sales.

32 states allow private party sales that do not require background checks.
          Again since you have never answered this, you are aware that the private party sales mechanism is what even allows the NICS to even exist at the federal level right????

Also if its so common for firearms transferred via the private system why is it that most all (yes not all but MOST) of the these mass murders go to a fucking gun store and buy over the counter though the NICS anyway???
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            Again since you have never answered this, you are aware that the private party sales mechanism is what even allows the NICS to even exist at the federal level right????
            What are you referring to? I understand how the system works, I'm not complaining about it.

Also if its so common for firearms transferred via the private system why is it that most all (yes not all but MOST) of the these mass murders go to a fucking gun store and buy over the counter though the NICS anyway???
            Buying from a gun store is very convenient if you will pass the background check.

My point was that even if the laws change and background checks will bounce people who are on terrorist or no-fly lists (something you can end up on without due process), any determined homicidal maniac can probably buy a used gun via private party sale with relative ease in many states.

Comment

GL buying stuff off Armlist as a crazed maniac, dudes on their flake if you even breathe wrong.

You are working your way towards basically saying a criminal can easily get a gun privately/illegally, which proves stricter purchase laws won't change anything.
              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
              willschnitz

Comment

^
                Yup thats where hes going with his argument, but new sales laws, and firearms restrictions will make his feelers all warm and fuzzy that something was done about it all.

Brave:
                Yes its convenient, hence why most all sales are though a FFL, and the private party sales mechanism you are bashing against is not used very often at all, and in most of those cases its 2 people that already know each other...... The Private system allows the NICS to exist since it allows a method of purchase that does not involve the govt. You want a particular firearm or a have large selection to chose from and not have to wait till someone is willing to sell theirs or even just sell something in general and is also willing to even deal with you, then you go to the FFL....

Yes its the firearm fault, not the homicidal, deranged, religious extremist hell bent killing and instilling as much fear upon those that believe differently, and those he believes are insulting him and his like minded psychopaths for living their own lives in a way the psychos think is an abomination .

When will you stop blame objects.
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

^
                  Yup thats where hes going with his argument, but new sales laws, and firearms restrictions will make his feelers all warm and fuzzy that something was done about it all.

Brave:
                  Yes its convenient, hence why most all sales are though a FFL, and the private party sales mechanism you are bashing against is not used very often at all, and in most of those cases its 2 people that already know each other...... The Private system allows the NICS to exist since it allows a method of purchase that does not involve the govt. You want a particular firearm or a have large selection to chose from and not have to wait till someone is willing to sell theirs or even just sell something in general and is also willing to even deal with you, then you go to the FFL....

Yes its the firearm fault, not the homicidal, deranged, religious extremist hell bent killing and instilling as much fear upon those that believe differently, and those he believes are insulting him and his like minded psychopaths for living their own lives in a way the psychos think is an abomination .

When will you stop blame objects.
                  I've made 4 posts that are clear as day that these proposed laws wont change anything in a positive manner and you still insist on misinterpreting my posts.

Are you retarded or unwilling to read and comprehend?
                  Last edited by BraveUlysses; 06-16-2016, 02:20 PM.

Comment

saved for posterity

I've made 4 posts that are clear as day that these proposed laws wont change anything in a positive manner and you still insist on misinterpreting my posts.

:popcorn:

this is gonna get ugly.

first of all, everyone has made this thread about gun control. we have tons of other threads that have beaten that subject to death. nothing posted in the last 15 or so entries hasn't already been discussed ad nauseum.. i'm pretty sure this isn't what the op had in mind.

second, this thread would be so much better if we just rip on extremist towel headed camel jockeys instead.
                    Last edited by flyboyx; 06-16-2016, 02:37 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

and yet you still insist they should be enacted

What you want done (all transactions Via FFL) will change A LOT. Like a court challenge that would eviscerate the NICS into history.

I am with fly boy here, lets insult deranged dune coons until they declare Jhiad on us all

William Pitt-

Comment

and yet you still insist they should be enacted

What you want done (all transactions Via FFL) will change A LOT. Like a court challenge that would eviscerate the NICS into history.

I am with fly boy here, lets insult deranged dune coons until they declare Jhiad on us all
                        its ok. we will have our gats to shoot 'em in the face! 8)
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by mjimport View Post

But is it pretty much accepted now that the (terrorist) was targeting gays or was it simply a target rich environment (or two birds with one stone situation)?

I think I saw the transcript of his 911 call and it seems like it was retaliation for the US sticking their nose in the Middle East (ISIS). I just haven't seen much evidence that he was ONLY trying to kill homosexuals.
                          The evidence seems to point that he was gay himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                            I was just wondering if anyone in here has any knowledge of, or has read The Management of Savagery: The Most Critical Stage Through Which the Ummah Will Pass?

It sounds like there is a lot of background that would make sense about all this and really relates to the Orlando/Pulse event very well.

Things like physical attacks in person in the enemy country specifically to counter the 'lazy' and 'dishonorable' methods of dropping ordinance instead of sending humans on the ground.

Things like creating savagery within Muslim countries and territories so the Regular Joe/Juzif is willing to accept the invaders and their implementation of Sharia Law to stem the violence. Making the outsiders think all Muslims are in on the plan.

This is the Mein Kamph of our generation, and it pains me to know our great grandparents didn't pay enough attention to that threat, and I think we are repeating history.
                            Great post man and no I haven't. Will read upon your 'recommendation'. You can definitely see this in Europe and you can already see some centrist to right wing elements opposing it.

"Look at our women and children being raped and crime rising. We need a strong and effective government as a final solution" ;) Even though those are actual concerns, as you said, it's a repeat of history. Divide and conquer has worked since B.C.E and it still does today.

In the information age though you cannot do this without a complicit media. Whether through TV, Blogs, Online papers and even facebook 'pages' we are constantly being reminded by these good folk what they want us to hear. People eat what's in front of them.

I remember being in Paris (family there) and the first day there, there was a bank robbery. If it were a couple of christian white guys the news headlines would read, "Bank robbers attempt..." but instead it wrote in big letters, "MUSLIM bank robbers..." What's the end game to it all, for imo, it cannot just solely be a religious/sharia war of attrition. That is a too small piece a of the puzzle.

Just rambling ;)

Comment

Honestly, if we wanted to solve this problem with guns

Comment

Kind of OT, but honestly I have to wonder how much damage the media has done. I would love to see some sort of rule put into place that requires media outlets to report responsibly, ie, no media sensationalism and accurate facts.

Not that I expect that to ever happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X