Swapolocalpyse has begun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jean View Post
    I would also inspect all the hoses and such on the engine as well. ICV to manifold hose, manifold to the fuel evap valve. Also fuel filter housing gasket, front/rear timing gaskets, or seals also. Also the other shifter component, the white ring that sits in the shifter carrier, they are usually worn out.
    I'm not sure what to do about that... I have a UUC SSK and don't even know if it takes the same bushings as OEM shifters.

All hoses checked out fine today. Fuel filter housing gasket?

By timing seals do you mean cam seals?
    cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
      I'm not sure what to do about that... I have a UUC SSK and don't even know if it takes the same bushings as OEM shifters.

All hoses checked out fine today. Fuel filter housing gasket?

By timing seals do you mean cam seals?
      Sorry, I meant the oil filter housing gasket.

Both, front/rear cam seals and front/rear timing cover and the rear gasket on the back of the head, it tends to leak.
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
        Sorry, I meant the oil filter housing gasket.

Both, front/rear cam seals and front/rear timing cover and the rear gasket on the back of the head, it tends to leak.

Ah. Oil filter housing gasket added.

I'm not going to pull the front timing cover.. seals for rear cover plate and rear oil fitting added.

I can't find cam seals on realOEM :(
        cars beep boop

Comment

whooooa, full stop.

e28 oil pan gasket:

e34 oil pan gasket:

People claim to need to use an e34 oil pan and pump. Is this true, and do I use the E28 gasket or E34 gasket?
          cars beep boop

Comment

you will need an e34/e32 oil pan and pump. They are the same. Hence, you will need the gasket for the e32/34 oil pan.

Funny you should ask, as I have an oil pan and pump from an e32 :D

Comment

updates are slow, but kaos and I actually got some stuff done yesterday. I was finally able to get some time to take the car over to his laboratory:

We then cut out and unbend all the stuff around the motor, and began to unhook accessories. Unfortunately, we did not have a sawzall and were short on time, so the car now sits with the engine only connected by the driveshaft, shift linkage, and exhaust system. Hopefully tomorrow it will come out the rest of the way.

Questions:

- the exhaust manifolds on the M30 are both rear exit... which means that the e28 ones do not bolt up to the e30 exhaust. Which ones do? I know e32 ones line up properly, but they have completely different flages, and I was led to believe that there is a set that will bolt up.

- there is a cutoff valve for the heater core on the e28's firewall. The e30 doesn't have anything like it, I don't think. Is it necessary for proper M30 operation?
              cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post

Questions:

- the exhaust manifolds on the M30 are both rear exit... which means that the e28 ones do not bolt up to the e30 exhaust. Which ones do? I know e32 ones line up properly, but they have completely different flages, and I was led to believe that there is a set that will bolt up.

- there is a cutoff valve for the heater core on the e28's firewall. The e30 doesn't have anything like it, I don't think. Is it necessary for proper M30 operation?
                -I don't think there is a bolt up set. I ran e28 pipes to a custom o2 box and the e30 cat back. I think jean ran b35 manifolds to the cat then a diff system from there back. Maybe he'll chime in.

EDIT: he says like 1/4 of the way down the page I think:

-No. I just hooked up directly to the e30 heater core.
                Originally posted by LJ851
                I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

I used the e32 b35 manifolds that were cut off pre-cat, that way nothing needed to be done on the engine side and they cleared the subframe/swaybar w/o any modifications at all.

Then they were extended a little to fit the magnaflow 2 in 2 out CA legal cat under the driveshaft and from there on it was a stock e30 325i exhaust/muffler. Pipes needed to be welded on/extended before and after the cat.
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

motor is out. Pics eventually.

Pleasant surprise: the starter is basically new!
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Good news. Good job as well.

Comment

Any updates on this?
                        Originally posted by LJ851
                        I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
                          Any updates on this?
                          Got the E28 picked up to get crushed. Motor and trans are sitting in Kaos's garage at the moment, waiting for both of us to have some free time.
                          cars beep boop

Comment

Now any updates? I know it's hard to find time but I want to see how you go about your swap :)

Comment

wat.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                              i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                              Originally posted by slammin.e28
                              Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

I feel so left out.

Comment

Working...
                                X