m90b35 details?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bimmerboy02 View Post
    The CR tranny of the early 6s were 262s iirc, but also have the removable bellhousings like the 265s. The 262s were actually pretty weak, or atleast in comparison to the m90. But you should beable to get a e30m3 265 to bolt up to it.
    Weak in what way? The engine will never be anything but N/A and street driven, small possibility of light track/autox in the far future, but doubtful. I love spirited driving and quick shifts as much as the next person, but I never really understood what people mean when they say a tranny is "weak". There's only 70k on the engine/car too.

Edit: This eBay listing describes the 265/5 and CR 262 as the same thing:

Last edited by 4drPwr; 12-13-2009, 08:16 PM.
    86Zinno

Comment

Anyone? Should I worry about using the "weak" 262? Why is it a weak transmission? Just trying to figure out what I should plan for.
      86Zinno

Comment

If it's got 5 gears it's a 265. The 265s all use 262 cases but don't worry because they are the most robust gearbox option for the M30 cars. You could probably put sand in a 265 and it would be fine. As far as the dogleg 265s go, they will also be in a 262 case but they aren't weak by any means. Maybe Bimmerboy02 is thinking of the dogleg 280 boxes used in later M5s... those were kinda crappy.
        '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
          If it's got 5 gears it's a 265. The 265s all use 262 cases but don't worry because they are the most robust gearbox option for the M30 cars. You could probably put sand in a 265 and it would be fine. As far as the dogleg 265s go, they will also be in a 262 case but they aren't weak by any means. Maybe Bimmerboy02 is thinking of the dogleg 280 boxes used in later M5s... those were kinda crappy.
          This makes me feel fuzzy and content, thank you. What did you do for a driveshaft in your M90 swap? And were you ever able to check the bolt pattern on the toothed balancer of an M90 vs a normal B35 for the purpose of motronic 1.3 converting?

To no one in particular, is there any way to use an E36 radiator for the M30 swap with some sort of hosing from another model or something along those lines? I bought one of the mishimoto aluminum radiators last year and would love to keep it somehow. Or is the necessity of the typical radiator due to size constraints from the longer engine?
          86Zinno

Comment

The e34, e34 and E36 radiators is too thick to fit, that's the main issue not the hoses.
            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
              The e34, e34 and E36 radiators is too thick to fit, that's the main issue not the hoses.
              Bummer, thank you. Anyone know if the toothed balancer from a M30B35 will bolt up correctly to an M90?
              86Zinno

Comment

Working...
              X