No announcement yet.

1991 MTechnic Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would clean it up as best as you can, fix the power top and the seat, and list it for $20k. If you can hold onto it longer, it's just going to go up in value.
    Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Why are you selling your inheritance?

Comment

Originally posted by uturn View Post
        Why are you selling your inheritance?

Original post: "Mom's finally gotten to the point where it's difficult to get in and out of it and is considering selling, but she has no idea what it's worth. Any help in that regard would be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
          I would clean it up as best as you can, fix the power top and the seat, and list it for $20k. If you can hold onto it longer, it's just going to go up in value.
          Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
          Looks good and all the main parts are there. It needs a good cleaning/detail, recover the seats if they are really bad and take some high res pics with the top down somewhere scenic. You should be able to get a least $13k.

Here are some links you should read:

M tech Registry

Definitive 91 M tech thread
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=261624
          Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
          Easily worth 11-13k... maybe more depending on what sort of service history its had.

I just sold mine not long ago :up:
          Originally posted by robrez View Post
          I can understand not wanting to subject yourself and the vert to BAT. But such a rare original car with even more rare 5-speed is right in the wheelhouse of BAT, and especially with e30 prices surging. I'd just make it clear that you can still find original cloth and that repro cloth is readily available. Knowing what it takes to recondition one of these real m-techs, $13k is a bargain. Real badges are nearly impossible to find and someone on this forum is trying to sell damaged leather shifter and e-brake consoles for over a grand. GLWS or auction.

If the interior were to be redone, all of the seats have issues, at that point I think everything would have to be redone including door cards just to get a match.

No idea what it would take to fix the power top, hydraulics for the deck lid are gone. It is relatively easy to put up and down manually though.

Dunno, I'm not seeing $20k even with this stuff fixed? Are E30's taking off like P cars?

My only other BMW experience was a 94 318i, nice enough but this car is in a different league I think.

Thanks for the responses, haven't shared this with my mother yet, will probably make her want to keep it!

Comment

Im not sure rob meant to say OE fabric IS available as the last offering I saw was $2k for 4-5 yds and I think its gone now.

If you need the struts for the deck lid or for the soft top hinges I can help you there. Info is in the link in my sig or just PM me.
            Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
            Alice the Time Capsule
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
            87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
              Im not sure rob meant to say OE fabric IS available as the last offering I saw was $2k for 4-5 yds and I think its gone now.

Yeah, thanks for clarifying, OE fabric is not available from the dealer, but certain trusted ebay and s14.net sellers still have some.

This e30 convertible just sold for upward of $15k on BAT. Yes, I know that mileage and interior condition is not comparable, but if you read the comments, you'll see there's an upswing in interest.

Bid for the chance to own a 44K-Mile 1987 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #5,515.
              sigpic
              January 2012 COTM

Comment

Yeah, thanks for clarifying, OE fabric is not available from the dealer, but certain trusted ebay and s14.net sellers still have some.

This e30 convertible just sold for upward of $15k on BAT. Yes, I know that mileage and interior condition is not comparable, but if you read the comments, you'll see there's an upswing in interest.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/198...ign=2017-08-20

I was watching that auction. Very very nice convertible!

Comment

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/198...ign=2017-08-20
                  Robert is spot on about the M-Tech fabric.

Your mom has a very nice car and it's pretty rare. It is one of 18 in that color according to e30ic.com. Mileage is low at less than 6000 per year. How it "presents" & the data your prepared to share with the potential buyer should justify your asking price.

Have the interior redone as it was from the factory. Leave the convertible top manual. Is the top in presentable condition? Have the complete car detailed including underhood, under car, wheel wells, trunk etc. Run a vin & history thru BMW, get a carfax. The carfax or the paperwork from the repair shop should show you how extensive the damage was. Has sheet metal been replaced, does it have "DOT" stickers or was the original straightened & it still has the vin stickers on the part. The vin # appears in 11 (I think) places on the car.

With a little work It should bring $12,000 to $15,000 in that condition.
                  [I

Comment

Keep it.
                    Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                    A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Well, for various reasons decided to list on eBay.
                      Last edited by agent; 10-15-2017, 12:48 PM. Reason: Yes, posting eBay links is against the rules. Please read them.

Comment

My apologies.

Comment

Congrats on the sale.
                          sigpic
                          January 2012 COTM

Comment

Congrats on the sale.

Thank you. The buyer has been a BMWCCA member for 35+ years, already had OEM fabric and is thoroughly looking forward to this project!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
                              Not to mention about 80% of he people on that site are complete douche bags.
                              I really believe most of them are professional auction saboteurs.
                              Please don't subject this E30 to that crowd of douche bags.
                              :bow::bow:

Can’t agree with this anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X