No announcement yet.

MacGyver is back.....why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the good torrent sites are poofing. The private one I had been with for years went pay only so ditched that. The free/open ones are sketchy to me so I now pay for usenet. Ahh NNTP.. like an old, warm blanket.

Comment

I miss Kat. I'm afraid that by the time I get internet again all the sites will be gone.

Luckily I have a hefty harddrive to keep me occupied with reruns for a while. The idea of spending $20 for a movie is ridiculous.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
        The idea of spending $20 for a movie is ridiculous.
        Is it really? It's about the same price as 12 bottled beers, and you probably get more replay value from the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
          archie bunker. imagine busting out the "n" word on national tv in this day and age?

it would probably get a few cops killed.
          The snowflake generation would be enraged and frothing at the mouth at the intro, let alone the tame jokes form Archie.

I hate our society, Really wonder if Anderson is going to make a cameo on this new travisty of 80's reboot TV, thinking no one will notice...... I mean really how awesome is it going to be watching a show about kid with a shity hair cut whip out his I phone and ask siri to google how to call the tow service to come jump start his prius that broke down while doing social justice work in the poor part of town....
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            The snowflake generation would be enraged and frothing at the mouth at the intro, let alone the tame jokes form Archie.

I hate our society, Really wonder if Anderson is going to make a cameo on this new travisty of 80's reboot TV, thinking no one will notice...... I mean really how awesome is it going to be watching a show about kid with a shity hair cut whip out his I phone and ask siri to google how to call the tow service to come jump start his prius that broke down while doing social justice work in the poor part of town....
            I think he and the producers have mutually agreed he won't even make a cameo.

I'm sure Richard Dean doesn't need this, he's doing well I would imagine. Not just off MacGyver, but he's got a bazillion Stargate SG1 episodes floating around in perpetual reruns..
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post

It would be nice if you had an idea or two of how to fix it.

MacGyver was a dumb show, as was Nightrider and those of their ilk, but they did fit & belong to the the same time frame as the F-14, Top Gun & other similar things that really made me proud to be an American, even if I was just a kid. Maybe it was the single-minded positivity and good always trumping evil that really made us a great nation.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                Is it really? It's about the same price as 12 bottled beers, and you probably get more replay value from the movie.
                no you don't. Unless the movie is crazy spectacular (roughly 1% of movies ever made) most will never bother watching again...myself included.

At least with 12 bottled beers it'll stimulate your imagination and creativity in ways a shitty Hollywood movie never could
                Last edited by Stanley Rockafella; 09-07-2016, 04:53 PM.
                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                  no you don't. Unless the movie is crazy spectacular (roughly 1% of movies ever made) most will never bother watching again...myself included.

At least with 12 bottled beers it'll stimulate you imagination and creativity in ways a shitty Hollywood movie never could
                  It's too bad you seem to be such a cynic that you only think 1% of films deserve a second watch. I certainly get value out of a repeat of a good film, often picking up on many little points of interest and nuances that I missed before.

Yet the main point I should have made with the last post was really that downloading a film for free ultimately makes it harder and harder for good movies to be made. I say this as movies are mostly about making money, and if total revenue goes down it seems that studios are far less willing to try out what we would generally think of as good movies, and instead are more attracted to garbage movies that will probably attract more viewers, but have no lasting power. Just consider whatever you find to be your favorite movies and look at how they stacked up in earnings in the year they were released to other movies. Then look at long term earnings and you'll see a correlation between good films (selling years after release) and flash in the pan blockbusters.

So, if you like films as a whole, buy the ones you really like as the people involved in making them often get paid when you do buy them (or watch them in theaters).

Comment

I go to the theater for movies that I feel are going to be good....

At home though, meh.

I also don't do shitty cam copies.

Don't get me wrong, I have a small collection of hard copies for the movies that are worth a second watch.

Even a pirate has standards.
                    No E30 Club
                    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

It's sad, all new mostly BS fixes/tricks and no Mythbusters to debunk them.
                      The science channel doesn't want to let go of the cash cow Mythbusters was. They are doing a show "The search of the next Mythbusters"....yea, sure that's going to work out well.

But Grant, Tori and Kari should be getting their own show.

Pic to help redeem thread.

Originally posted by Matt-B
                      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Those pics and your voltmeter sig ticking along, hilarious.

Comment

It's too bad you seem to be such a cynic that you only think 1% of films deserve a second watch. I certainly get value out of a repeat of a good film, often picking up on many little points of interest and nuances that I missed before.

Yet the main point I should have made with the last post was really that downloading a film for free ultimately makes it harder and harder for good movies to be made. I say this as movies are mostly about making money, and if total revenue goes down it seems that studios are far less willing to try out what we would generally think of as good movies, and instead are more attracted to garbage movies that will probably attract more viewers, but have no lasting power. Just consider whatever you find to be your favorite movies and look at how they stacked up in earnings in the year they were released to other movies. Then look at long term earnings and you'll see a correlation between good films (selling years after release) and flash in the pan blockbusters.

So, if you like films as a whole, buy the ones you really like as the people involved in making them often get paid when you do buy them (or watch them in theaters).

I have high standards in what I invest my time with.

Maybe you should up yours
                          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                            I have high standards in what I invest my time with.

Maybe you should up yours
                            Different folks I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                            X