IX Cardinal Red interior - Value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IX Cardinal Red interior - Value?

Anyone know how valuable the cardinal red interior is on IX's? I just picked up a parts car and the interior is in very good condition, no rips or tears in the seats, these pics are before I've had a chance to clean them up.

Any idea on how much I could part this out for? I have a black comfort interiro in my daily driver IX, if I swap the seats and door cards into my daily, would that potentially increase the resale value for the future?

Would love your thoughts!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6661.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	7250903

Name:	IMG_6660.jpg
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	7250904

Name:	IMG_6658.jpg
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	7250905

Not adding any value her, but that looks pretty sweet.

Comment

I know! I haven't seen one in all cardinal red before. It really looks cool.

Comment

Its 4 door and comfort, which reduces the value quite a bit. I sold a 2 door sport cardinal interior for $700. I bet you could get $200 for yours.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

I would guess you could get at least $500. Wont necessarily add to the value of your car but would look cool.
          sigpic

Comment

I bought a full 4dr comfort cardinal interior 2 years ago from a bmw auto wrecker for $400cad (~$315usd). Buying from a wrecker I'd imagine the price was a little on the higher side.

I was willing to spend that just for the rear seat bottom and the door cards since those are specific to 4drs and harder to find than 2dr parts.

The only thing specific to the ix is the carpet and the driver's seat rail, which is the same as any ix seat regardless of comfort or sport, and take 15 minutes to swap from your old seat to the new seat. Or in my case I just bent the handle and welded on an extension and called it good.

Comment

Originally posted by iXguido View Post
              I bought a full 4dr comfort cardinal interior 2 years ago from a bmw auto wrecker for $400cad (~$315usd). Buying from a wrecker I'd imagine the price was a little on the higher side.

I was willing to spend that just for the rear seat bottom and the door cards since those are specific to 4drs and harder to find than 2dr parts.

The only thing specific to the ix is the carpet and the driver's seat rail, which is the same as any ix seat regardless of comfort or sport, and take 15 minutes to swap from your old seat to the new seat. Or in my case I just bent the handle and welded on an extension and called it good.
              I've heard it's a huge PITA to get the carpet removed and swapped over to another car. Did you do this on yours? Is it that difficult? I'm contemplating just swapping out the seats and door cards if it is, although the carpet on this thing is almost perfect.

Comment

Removing the carpet is not terribly difficult if you cut around the heater box. I've done it a few times and it's not that bad. It becomes a huge pain if you don't want to cut the carpet, as that requires you to remove the dash and the HVAC unit.

Comment

Right. You need to remove the shifter console and then cut around the heater box. The shifter console isnt the end of the world to remove and after that, it's fairly easy. It's still a really bulky thing to wrestle with.
                  AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                  X