Engine swapped e30s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine swapped e30s

What are the rules, if any, about having some thing like an s50 in a early 318 body?

Just wondering what catergory or levels that might put me in...

It fucks you over in SCCA, GTS Challenge, NASA Time Trials. However, if you are going all out, you will be able to hang with the cars they put it against if you really try to make a fast car.

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
    Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
    Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

In the SCCA it does fuck you up...it puts you in SM and you would need an S50 to be able to compete with the likes of competition in SM.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Where would an m10 or m20 Eta put me?

Comment

http://www.scca.com/Solo/Index.asp?IdS=08D499-A70C120&x=050|070&~=

Download the rules. Look under car classing.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Can you put in an m50 or m52 without changing class? Isn't there a clause about how youc an modernize your car by putting the newer engine in it?

Comment

Originally posted by WlknGenius View Post
                Can you put in an m50 or m52 without changing class? Isn't there a clause about how youc an modernize your car by putting the newer engine in it?

No. There is a rule called update/backdate where IF two cars are on the same line in the rule book you can basicly use any part from either car. But if you want to take a newer motor and put it into an older car you'll be seeing Street Mod. As long as the motor and chassis are from the same manufacturer.

Comment

Working...
                X